It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #1

TheNiceGuy HB User
Question Can anyone give me some insight?

ok here's the story so far about a month ago myself and my girlfriend were living with my parents and some crap hit the fan so we were kicked out and we had to come to my old city to stay with my girls parents.Sence we moved in for the forst couple of weeks we were sleeping on their livingroom floor and now we are staying in a trailor in their backyard but anyway my problem here is Her mom/Dad/Sister and her moms friend they all hate me and don't want me dating there daughter/sister but the real problem is thay all Nagging about me indirectly and then i hear from my girl about all the bullcorn and all of them haven't knowen me long enough to have a straght up opinion about me they all just jump to the conclusion that im a bad guy and that im a worthless piece of crap and im not really i keep my beefs to myself and still i get the negitave attitude from them and what i would like out of this post is some help on dealing with thies arrogant people if you can provide me with some insight i would be gratefull.

Last edited by TheNiceGuy; 04-15-2004 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Had to edit all the non offenceive slang words

Old 04-15-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Can anyone give me some insight?

First off and this will be brief, you are under their roof so you will have to listen to that. On the lighter note remember that you love this girl and on the track to get your life on track. Again, you won't beable to do this staying at family's house but at your stay save money to move out and on.

Second~ How old are you both? and why are you moving from place to place?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 09:39 AM   #3

TheNiceGuy HB User

I am 18 and she is 17 and we moved from calgary,ab back to lethbridge,ab because there was some issues with my mom and stepdad they were drinking all the time and the stepdad is a molester so i had to get my girl out of there im not going to tell the whole story because its too long and you don't need to hear about it. and i know about the whole "roof" thing but there is ALOT of excess nagging and i just feel her mom is just an overall B.I.T.C.H that is angry all the time

Old 04-15-2004, 11:05 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Well she may be a witch but know you have to except that you are living with her child under her roof. Another words she expects you to follow the rules and have respect for her.

I am sorry to hear that she won't give you that respect back but if your mean to her she can kick you out...If that happens where do you go? You going have to put up with it unless you can go else where.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:47 AM   #5
Veteran

JLKH HB User

This might sound easier said then done but have you thought about having sit down conversation with her parents? Find a time when you and her parents can be alone, make them some coffee or something and ask if the three of you can have a heart to heart. Be nice and honest but don't bring up any of the stuff your girlfriend told you they said about you. Just start by saying you wanted them to know you appriciate them letting you stay there and they you hope that they can get to know each other better and become friends. Ask them if there is anything you can do to help the situation. And be sure to tell them how much you love their daughter and want to be a good man for her. Be a gentelman. Don't sound like a kiss *** just be nice and try and open up a dialog with them, let them know they can tell you if you're doing something they don't like.

This may or may not work depending on what type of a people they are but it's worth a shot. If you can win over the mom and dad you're in.

But regardless of how this goes do what you can to get you two out of there.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKH
This might sound easier said then done but have you thought about having sit down conversation with her parents? Find a time when you and her parents can be alone, make them some coffee or something and ask if the three of you can have a heart to heart. Be nice and honest but don't bring up any of the stuff your girlfriend told you they said about you. Just start by saying you wanted them to know you appriciate them letting you stay there and they you hope that they can get to know each other better and become friends. Ask them if there is anything you can do to help the situation. And be sure to tell them how much you love their daughter and want to be a good man for her. Be a gentelman. Don't sound like a kiss *** just be nice and try and open up a dialog with them, let them know they can tell you if you're doing something they don't like.

This may or may not work depending on what type of a people they are but it's worth a shot. If you can win over the mom and dad you're in.

That better input than I had Great
But regardless of how this goes do what you can to get you two out of there.

Closed Thread