It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2004, 05:18 PM   #1

LaLaLand870 HB User
Exclamation Any teen here vegetarian or vegan?

I was just wondering if there were any teens out there that are vegetarian or vegan because where I live I seem to be alone on this thing. I don't know anyone at all who is vegetarian or vegan

Old 04-16-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: Any teen here vegetarian or vegan?

I'm not, but I have friends that are vegetarian and/or vegan, so you are not alone. I don't think it would be good for me, because I'm always active outside, and it requires certain proteins, or whatever...

Last edited by Will M.; 04-16-2004 at 06:50 PM. Reason: puncuation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 10:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User

Being a vegetarian o vegan was kinda of a trend a while ago. The whole image of maturity appealed to alot of ppl. But now there aren't too many left. I know one or two ppl at school who are, and my sister is a strict vegetarian (Tried vegan, couldn't take it).

I can't understand why ppl do it :S

Old 04-17-2004, 05:28 AM   #4

sarah1000 HB User

Just wanted to post some support. I am not a teen anymore, but I am a vegan. I was a vegetarian for many years before I made the switch and did of lot of research about nutrition.

When I first told my parents, they said "well, at least you'll still eat fish"
"Well, not exactly, Dad." The first family dinner was Thanksgiving, and my mom handled it well, I made my tofurky with mushroom gravy and could eat almost anything else on the table (no butter on the veggies, and she used soy milk with the mashed potatoes - no one knew the difference!) Since then, even my dad and my boyfirend have gotten used to it. We joke around about it now, with none of the venom it used to have. I always ask if he wants to try my new tofu dish and he always ask if I want a chicken wing, but he never tries to put stuff in my food and knows that once a spoon has gone into his meat sauce, it can't go back in the veggie one!

Is there any particular question or issue you are dealing with that i could help?

There are so many veggie websites out there now, even some geared to teens with message boards like this one.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out. If you don't have friends that are veggie I know it can be isolating. Some people think it is a phase or a fad, but if it's important to you, then it is not either of those things. Being a veggie is statement for the animals, the earth and humanity and I applaud you for it.

Closed Thread