It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 06:17 AM   #1

pieterke HB User
help i am so short!

I'm 15 years old and a guy, and I'm only 4'7" tall! Needless to say I'm by far the smallest kid in school (including girls). Even my younger sister, who is 12, towers over me and some people think she's older. She teases me about it.

I never get a date cause the girls think Im too small. Do you girls think that too? How tall are all of you?

Last edited by pieterke; 04-18-2004 at 06:19 AM.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:06 AM   #2

Matt1981 HB User
Re: help i am so short!

I don't know medically how tall is normal, but I was always fairly (but not excessively) short during my teens. It may not be directly answering your question, but I feel it is relevant to add that you will not have trouble with girls if you can let your personality complement your height. Short, smart and feisty can be quite appealing to many ladies.
I guess what I'm saying is don't pretend to be tall if you ain't. Let the tall people be the domineering, almost cocky, leaders of the pack. Use other attributes to get the attention that you want. No need to be subservient if you are short, but you don't need to act like you're tall to be popular.
Hope that makes sense!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #3
(male)

Katkin HB User

Hey there!!

Dude! Do not worry!! Short guys are SO cute!
I totally love Elijah Wood and he is only 5'6 - Also just think Tobey Maguire is only 5'8 and he's Spiderman!!

You're forgetting that there's also a lot of short girls out there (myself included) lol!
Also my cousin was really short for aaages and he was really annoyed cos his brother was much taller - but then one day he suddenly started to shoot up!! He's much taller now.

I used to get really upset that I am so short - and I am a girl so I probably won't grow much taller (think I have nearly stopped growing). At least I can wear higher shoes sometimes if I want to. Anyway what I am trying to say is it used to really annoy me but it doesn't anymore I think it's really cool and I enjoy being a hobbit haha.

Just remember short guys are gorgeous ok? !!

Old 04-18-2004, 11:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

I'm 5'10" or so, obviously I'm female. There's nothing shameful about being short, be proud of it! Confidence makes the man, not the height

Last edited by lovely.lady; 04-18-2004 at 11:39 AM.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #5

kiki lou HB User

You need to see a doctor. It sounds like you have a growth disorder that could be treated easily with some growth hormone. My first grade daughter is actually taller than you, so you really need to check on it.

BTW, I dated a guy years ago who'd had your very same problem. He started the treatment, and grew very quickly to 6' 4". PLEASE ask your parents to make you an appointment with your doctor.

Kiki

Old 04-19-2004, 08:19 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I have always like shorter girls and I am sure there are girls out there that like shorter guys. You shouldn't worry but at your age its tough. Give it time and the older you get you'll see that a lot of women become more accepting over time.

Old 04-19-2004, 10:37 AM   #7

pieterke HB User

Hi kiki

Your first grade daughter is taller than me? Are you sure about that? How tall is she then? Sounds like very tall to me.

pieterke

Old 04-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #8

always HB User

my dad was the same height as you at the same age...
look at the height of your parents... many times you can sort of, have an idea of how tall you'll be in looking at that...
hormone therapy may help in your case, but there's always a shot you'll still grow... i know a few people who were really short, then just *boom* they were like 6 ft. ... i don't think you *have* to see a doctor, because anymore, it's hard to average heights out for different ages- the stuff they put in food can mess with you... and hormone shots can be expensive...
... girls have different opinions on what height guys they like... personally i like taller than me, but i'm 5"1' [and i'm 18... i am not getting any taller]... my boyfriends actually 5'9" or so... but one of my friends is maybe 5'5" tops and his girl friend is taller than my boyfriend... another friend is 17 and maybe 5"3'... maybe 5"4'... he has a girlfriend and i think she's taller than him too... people have different preferances and i'm sure ther'ell by people who'll respect you for you, and not base everything off of your height... try not to worry to much...

Old 04-20-2004, 05:42 AM   #9
Inactive

MadSkillzGal HB User

I'm 36 and only 5'2. Even in heels I just make 5'5. My 11 year old daughter is about nose level with me and my 15 year old son towers over me by about 8 inches already.

I agree with the girl who said short guys are cute. Trust me as you get older you will really appreciate the benefits of being horizontal with a woman. All that eye contact etc. Don't worry trust me.

Last edited by MadSkillzGal; 04-20-2004 at 05:43 AM.

Old 04-21-2004, 03:53 PM   #10

Shy Bunny HB User

I have a friend in college who is shorter than me... I'm about 5'2, so that may make him about the same height as you. But he has a great personality and has many friends both girls and guys. I know that he is self-conscious of his height, which makes him really shy to approach girls he like. To his surprise tho, many girls are interested in him. I agree with a lot of you said: height isnt really much of an issue- just dont let it bring you down just because other guys may be tall. It's all about your personality. Btw, my older brother is about 5'2 but he's dated a fair number of girls too. So dont be discouraged.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #11
Veteran

Will M. HB User

In 7th grade, I was right at 5'0, and the other girls were like 5'1-5'3, but let me tell you man... I had all the ladies! Now I'm 5'3, in the 10th grade, different school, and I'm even with most girls, maybe even taller(give or take). Unfortunetly, not many girls crowd around me anymore... So appriciate your heigth, and make light of it. You'll grow, just act cute and you'll get all the girls.

Last edited by Will M.; 04-21-2004 at 06:41 PM.

Closed Thread