It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 11:21 AM   #1

kwyjibo HB User
Haven't seen a friend outside of school in four years...

Hey guys, i need your help here. When I was around 12 years old, I was quite a loner (being obese and all). I tried to make friends and invited them over to my house and all, but my so-called "friends" ridiculed me and made me feel like crap. This has left a bad experience in my mouth. Four years later, I lost a whole bunch of weight and made a whole bunch of new friends in a new school, but my experience four years ago has made me too scared to invite anyone over to my house, or go over to anyone's house. I want to do that, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to do it, as I'm scared history will repeat itself. I find myself very lonely and depressed as the only time i see my friends are during school hours and I only talk to them in school or on messenger. Can anyone please help me get rid of this stupid fear. Thank you very much.

Old 04-18-2004, 03:38 PM   #2
(male)

Imustbcr8zier HB User
Re: Haven't seen a friend outside of school in four years...

I was rather obese in school and friends rarely if ever came over. I only seen them in school and mocking the large kid can be quite common. I can't tell ya much cause I had basically the same fears but now I just let go. I mean really if there nice to you at school and all then whats th real worse they can say "no"? At least then you'd know for sure and not have to live in anxiety. and they would still be you pc buddies so it wouldnt be that bad.

I say go for it and invite away. Put a lil faith in your friends good hearts. Is it possible they might feel the same way about being scared to invite you over?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2004, 08:23 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Haven't seen a friend outside of school in four years...

Real friends stick to your side no matter what and this is how you determine who is a real friend to you. You shouldn't dread on the past because this will always hit you. You need to start something new and that would be letting friends over to overcome that fear.

If you lose some don't worry because you will always regain new ones. The ones you lose you shouldn't be friends with anyways...Waste of your time and space. The good friends is what matters.

Closed Thread