It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #1

triggert HB User
Does anyone ever...

OK, I went out on a date with this girl the other night. Shes really cool, cute, nice personality, just about everything I could ask for. I like her and from all the signs (hugs, arm around each other, good-night kiss) I'm assuming she feels something for me too. But then I feel like maybe she is just going out with me because she couldn't get anyone better, or maybe shes desperate for another boyfriend or something (she just broke up with her X a few weeks ago). Does anyone ever get these same feelings?

Trigg

Old 04-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: Does anyone ever...

Don't have self-doubt, because that can show. Think about why you like about yourself, then realize that the same reasons why you like yourself, are likely the same reasons she likes you... I hope that makes since... May need to read again, sorry. But there are probably more qualities about you, than you know. Some examples of why she likes you is because your funny, intelligent, good looking, I don't know you, but that could be reasons why she likes you, and I'm sure there are a lot more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2004, 05:45 PM   #3

triggert HB User

I see what your saying, because I don't really like myself all that much I have a hard time believing that she might be interested in me...right?

Trigg

Old 04-19-2004, 08:27 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Will is right...You are feeling this way because this girl is to good to be true. If you have all these feeling for her then you need to keep to her. Don't let her go because you think she deserves better. She deserves you and only you.

Old 04-19-2004, 10:55 AM   #5
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggert
I see what your saying, because I don't really like myself all that much I have a hard time believing that she might be interested in me...right?

Trigg
You should change that attitude. I'm sure there are lots of good things about you. I used to hate myself, and doubt myself too, but I just learned that most of the time, if someone isn't interested they have there own reasons, it's not because of me. Except it sounds like this girl does like you, and I'm sure she likes you for who you are.

Old 04-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #6

USER-NAME HB User

ya, i know what you mean totally, i sometimes feel like im ugly and wished i look nicer, but in the end, i dont really care so i know how you feel, but no, i definetly think she is dating you for the right reasons so dont worry man!
when i started going out with my girlfriend i thaught it wasnt going to last..etc, im still with her now(9 months) so she obviously likes something(sorry for talking about myself,(but im just tryin to say, she obviously likes you for some good reasons, and i agree u should try change the attitude of thinking you dont deserve her, you have to try like yourself, it makes you feel good!!
anyway, good luck!!

Old 04-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #7
(male)

Imustbcr8zier HB User

you sound a little down on yourself there trigg. Remember you are a great person and deserve happiness too. I dont think she is settling i think she found someone who is a great person but doesnt realize it just yet

Last edited by Imustbcr8zier; 04-19-2004 at 02:40 PM.

Old 04-20-2004, 07:49 AM   #8

nikki79335 HB User

maybe she just wants to get over him and move on??

Old 04-20-2004, 11:10 AM   #9

triggert HB User

Its hard not to worry about some of that stuff when your sitting at home alone. When I'm around her I forgot about these feelings and just have a good time. I look too much into what was said/did, what could of been said/did, what I might of said/did wrong... I just can't seem to stop worrying about it. Its almost to the point where I can't do everyday activities.

Trigg

Old 05-01-2004, 02:40 AM   #10

ThomasJohn5 HB User

maybe going on another date will asnwer some of these questions.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:33 AM   #11

triggert HB User

That probably woulda worked but I ended up going out with someone else and I'm sure she heard about it. I hate to bring it up. Its not that big a deal now anyway. I thought I liked her at the time but I think I was just so desperate for a girlfriend. 20 years with out one, things start catching up with ya eventually. Guess I'll just have to keep looking...

Trigg

Closed Thread