It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2004, 10:31 AM   #1

sunnyhk HB User
teeth...girls answer plzz

Is it a big turn off if you see a boy that does not have perfectly straight teeth???

Old 04-23-2004, 10:35 AM   #2

xaimeex HB User
Re: teeth...girls answer plzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhk
Is it a big turn off if you see a boy that does not have perfectly straight teeth???

personally (and this is from an english point of view) i dont think there is any such thing as a turnoff.
you should except the person just as they are. it is horrible when people make remarks about you behind your back.
my nose is considered 'huge' at school and because of that i have never been asked out by anyone.
dont let him hear you say that about him because he will never forgive you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 12:48 PM   #3

alwaysgod2 HB User

ok i agree with her...but...teeth is one of the physical aspects to me. And if i saw aguy with horribly crocked teeth i would be "turned off" but so many girls are different. if there was a guy with a great personality i could totally look past the teeth

Old 04-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #4

Kylie1 HB User

I can't look past bad teeth. That's a huge turn off.

Old 04-23-2004, 04:38 PM   #5

sunnyhk HB User

But what about teeth that are not PERFECT...
My teeth are not rotten or horribly crooked
Its that my teeth are not perfectly straight.....My teeth are not perfectly Aligned....

So is that a big turn off...???

Old 04-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #6

Kylie1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhk
But what about teeth that are not PERFECT...
My teeth are not rotten or horribly crooked
Its that my teeth are not perfectly straight.....My teeth are not perfectly Aligned....

So is that a big turn off...???
Well it depends on how bad they look. I could look past it if you have other fairly good features and present yourself nicley, but even then the teeth can't be repulsive to look at. It sounds kind of harsh, but teeth are just one of those things that most people are fussy about.

Anway, if your teeth are bad they can always be corrected. Just don't try to cover up your teeth when you talk or smile or anything because it will be more of a turn off than the teeth itself.

Old 04-23-2004, 10:40 PM   #7

sunnyhk HB User

My teeth are straight....but they are not perfectly straight....
Some of my teeth do not perfectly align up with the tooth next to it...
What im saying is...my teeth are not braces straight or movie star straight

SO if a guy has teeth that are not braces straight or movie star straight...thats a big turn off????

Last edited by sunnyhk; 04-23-2004 at 10:40 PM.

Old 04-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #8

Brooke~Lynn HB User

JEEZ! MOST PPL DONT HAVE PERFECTLY "BRACES" STRAIGHT TEETH! LOL
i bet your teeth are about as good as the next persons if not better!
not many ppl can afford braces therefore most ppl dont have ~perfect~ teeth!
stop worrying about it....look at your friends teeth, if they didnt have braces, i bet theirs are kinda uneven, or gapped, or overlapping al bit here and there
i cant think of one single person i know with "perfect" teeth who didnt have braces
and no, in your case i dont think it is a turn off!

Old 04-24-2004, 10:24 PM   #9

Liliput HB User

Good grief. First, there is no such thing as perfect teeth. Most of the movie stars you see have had work done. And I don't think there's any such thing as "braces straight" teeth either. I had braces and my teeth aren't atraight.

Here's the thing, if your teeth are nice, (not all nasty, black, summer teeth) then don't worry about it. If your teeth are straight with only minor "flaws" and somebody makes a rude comment, then they're shallow and don't deserve your attention anyway.

There are a lot of people who can't afford to have perfect teeth. Plenty of people who have a medical problem that affects their teeth. (I know someone who suffered from cancer. The effects of the treeatments ruined their teeth which caused them to have to get dentures)

If people would just quit being so shallow, and get past "minor flaws" we'd all be much happier.

Old 04-25-2004, 08:29 AM   #10

somuchbetter HB User

its not a turn off, but he should atleast "brush" his teeth

Old 04-25-2004, 03:38 PM   #11

sik_kid HB User

I know that we should not judge people by the way they look and that perfectly straight teeth do not determine the kind of person someone is, but let's face it, we live in a world where looks are a majority of the time what matters. If I see someone with really crooked teeth, then yes, at first I am turned off, but that still doesn't mean I'm not going to try and get to know the person, they might be really cool.

Old 05-05-2004, 01:04 PM   #12
(female)

ukchick HB User

personally i like the fact that peepz donot have perfect teeth i think its very natural. i especially like coot gapz but u no thats my opinion..............

Old 05-05-2004, 01:14 PM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

To me it doesn't matter as long as they have enough teeth to make a good smile

Old 05-05-2004, 06:31 PM   #14

MysteryNigma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke~Lynn
JEEZ! MOST PPL DONT HAVE PERFECTLY "BRACES" STRAIGHT TEETH! LOL
i bet your teeth are about as good as the next persons if not better!
not many ppl can afford braces therefore most ppl dont have ~perfect~ teeth!
stop worrying about it....look at your friends teeth, if they didnt have braces, i bet theirs are kinda uneven, or gapped, or overlapping al bit here and there
i cant think of one single person i know with "perfect" teeth who didnt have braces
and no, in your case i dont think it is a turn off!
I do

Anyways it takes A LOT of work to get nice teeth, like 2-3 years of braces, spacers, rubber bands, pain, and then retainers every day afterwards.

If you are really that insecure about your teeth then maybe you should get braces?

I remember I used to be INCREDIBLY insecure about my teeth, now I realize they look fine and who cares if they aren't commercial-white (which they aren't...straight though !) As long as they aren't all over the place no one even notices. Especially if when you talk to someone you always get eye contact, draws attention away =P

I would worry more about hair, matching clothes, smell and personality. which i do.

Old 05-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #15

Geek_USA HB User

It depends how bad they are, I mean if they are really noticable you may want to do something about it. To make it better make sure they are nice and white, and always in good condition (clean wise) that will also make it look better.

Remember teeth, and fingernails are among the first things one is judged by (or so they say)

Closed Thread