It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2004, 05:26 PM   #1

CocoEstrada HB User
Question Lost mom's trust

lately i've been getting into a lot of trouble. i guess i'm one of those people who likes to test the limit. i skipped school, was drinking, left the house without telling my mom, got bad grades on my report card, met my boyfriend at the movies when i wasn't supposed to, etc. that's all within the past week and a half. i feel bad disobeying my mom because i know it hurts her, but at the time i really don't care what happens, i do it regaurdless of the concequences. my mom always tells me when i get into trouble that i have to show her that i can make good decisions, but i don't how to prove it. i can't talk to her, she'll just say "i've heard that before," and i don't blame her. anyone ever been in the same situation? how do i gain her trust back? i'm going to start straightening up; this is not the way i want my summer to be. gracias.

Old 05-31-2004, 05:31 PM   #2

goirish1 HB User
Re: Lost mom's trust

just talk to her and tell her how you feel. Ask for help on what to do. You may not like the idea, but trust me it makes a world of difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2004, 06:23 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Its hard to regain trust...The best thing to do is show her by doing things around the house and keeping tabs when you are out. Another thing is when she says no then its no.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
(female)

Summer luv HB User

Hi, I'm a mother of 2 teenage boys and after reading your post I thought maybe you could use a motherly advise, First of all I think your a very strong person for admitting there's a problem with trust, most kids wouldn't even think of it, so it takes alot of courage to talk about something like this. As far as getting your mothers trust back i'm sure she will trust you again if you only show her that you are serious about it, Talk to her and let her know how you feel and let her know that you will do your best to get her trust back, It may take sometime but it will happen, It sounds like you got a good head on your shoulder and just need to be directed in the right direction, Your mother loves you i'm more than sure of and no matter what she always will, Just make her proud of you and you 2 can be best friends ,Theres nothing wrong with being best friends with your parents, remember parents were once kids and we know exactly where you are coming from and most parents were in the same situation your in when they were young.

Never give up, only be strong

Good luck.

Old 06-03-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

It will take work on your part. You will have to prove yourself worthy of her trust. Believe me, she wants to trust you again! You will simply have to be trustwrothy. Do what she tells you to do - and more. If she asks you to wash the dishes - cheerfully do them, then dry them and put the away and take out the trash. When she says you can stay out until 11, be home by 10:30, and call her at 9:30 to tell her you that you are safe will be home by curfew.

Just change your attitude from wanting to do what YOU want, to wanting to do what will make HER happy. So many people think only about their own happiness or their friends that they fail to realize what they are doing to the people who love them the most - their parents. It is great you recognize your problem. I think you will do fine. Note that if a "friend" tries to come between you and your mom, they are not really a friend.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:49 AM   #6

theoldnite HB User

I have a friend in the States who is going through the exact same situation as you. What she did was sit down and have a chat with her folks, and after both sides talked it out, everything was great. Try it, it'll all be good

Closed Thread