It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 04:18 PM   #1

Kitty4100 HB User
I need help, I cant get a boyfriend!!!!

Ok, im 17 years old and I cant get a boyfriend. I mean i dont know whats wrong with me no guys ask me out and the ones who do are perverts. Im not fat or ugly, im not a **** and im easy to get along with i dont no what the problem is, I get all depressed because I dont have one and all my friends do it just pisses me off sometimes. Do you guys have any advice? Well i guess thats about it, please respond.
- Julie

Old 06-02-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
(male)

Green1 HB User
Lightbulb Re: I need help, I cant get a boyfriend!!!!

So your saying you have a Brittany body, and Be'yonce looks and guys won't talk to you? You must have bad breathe !!!!!! Some peppermints or gum will take care of that!!! Just Kidding! Maybe must of the guys at your school are intimidated by you and don't have the guts to talk to you. Why don't you try talking to a guy your interested in, and see if something sparks, and if it doesn't come look for me!!! I'm just 16 and I could use a girlfriend to support me

Hopes this helps!!!!

Last edited by Green1; 06-02-2004 at 04:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 04:51 PM   #3

Kitty4100 HB User
Re: I need help, I cant get a boyfriend!!!!

No, dont think guys are at all intimidated, I mean if a guy likes me i wish hed come up and say so.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty4100
No, dont think guys are at all intimidated, I mean if a guy likes me i wish hed come up and say so.

What about you though???Have you ever like a guy and not ask him out. This is a 2 way street. Believe it or not but guys are as scared sometimes to ask a beautiful girl out because they think you are out of thier league.

Eventually the perfect guy will show up but you need to make an effort also. If you like a guy for whatever then go ask him out or get his number. Don't be bashful only some men bite and those you don't want anyway.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User

Eightball61 hit the nail on the head. Guys are totally insecure. More so then girls. Alot of the time they will not ask a girl out cos they're too scared you;ll say NO! and make them feel like a fool for ever thinking you would.

I think you need to make the effort to ask a guy out.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:50 PM   #6
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Yeah, it's awesome when girls ask someone out, don't be afraid to do so. At least your not always covered in boys, like a lot of girls. I'm 16 and never had a girlfriend, so don't sweat it. We have over 90 or so years left, we'll make it.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
We have over 90 or so years left, we'll make it.
Thats a little optimistic.....

Old 06-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #8
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The only name not taken
Thats a little optimistic.....
Okay, whatever...

Old 06-04-2004, 08:53 PM   #9

no_cure_4_luv HB User

Why do you need a bf......just because your friend have one. don't worry you are not going to meet Mr. Right right now. and when he comes along you will know. Wait a little while.

Old 06-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #10

Connor HB User

dont worry about not having a boyfriend at the moment. but seriously if u go and flirt with a guy u like. and dont get a reaction out of him. then thats when u should worry. but dont expect a guy to just go after u.

im 19 and i still havent had a girlfriend, yet ive had several opportunities. and by that i mean, that the situation was always that a girl pursued me. not the other way around. cause yeah ive never had the intention of going and asking a girl out cause i thought they were attractive, cause i know nothing about them or who they are.

so dont expect a guy to just sweep u off ur feet, it doesnt work like that. once u see a guy that u r interested in or seems appealing to u. then go and flirt, get to know the guy. see if u have things in common. and youll be suprised to find that u might just find a good match for urself.

but nowadays girls usually go after the guys. not the other way around. only guys that youll find that chase after girls, are pervs.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:47 PM   #11

jengisima HB User

Ok, I know what your problem is. You say you're always depressed? Guys are not just looking for beauty (although, sometimes it seems like they are...) The most attractive thing a girl can have is CONFIDENCE. No guy wants a girl who is depressed or has low self esteem. That means they're high maintnance (sp?). Would you want a guy who was constantly depressed or insecure with himself? Of course not. It would get really old really fast. I'm not just pointing fingers here... I used to be exactly like you. At age 15, i was really insecure and I really wanted a boyfriend but no one liked me. Why? Cuz I was insecure! Even though I thought that people couldn't tell, they could. Desperation is pretty easy to detect. Once I started to become secure and have some self respect, guess what? Guys started to like me! Confidence is like a really nice smelling perfume: easy to detect and attractive to guys. If you're confident, guys will find you. So, before you go searching for a boyfriend, do some soul searching and try to gain confidence. Compliment yourself everyday. When you find yourself comparing yourself to your friends, STOP. You are NOT your friends so whats the point in comparing you to them? Guys will notice the transformation. Stop being so dependant on trying to find a boyfriend... why is it so important? You don't just want ANY old guy... you want a guy who deserves you! So, first you gotta give guys a reason to want you... start ACTING like you deserve a top quality guy. If you're not happy with yourself or you don't like yourself, what makes you think a guy is gonna be happy with you or like you? Trust me... once I started being confident in myself and gaining some self respect, I met lots of guys... one of them being my current boyfriend. We have been dating for two years now. I know what I'm talking about! :-P

Old 07-19-2004, 02:26 AM   #12

theoldnite HB User

I'm shy around girls... It's very 'not cool' haha... My mind shuts down and I just dunno what to do... But yeah, maybe some of the guys are just too shy to ask a pretty girl out =)

Closed Thread