It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2004, 07:05 PM   #1

magicman88 HB User
depressed

school has recently ended and i found out from my counsolor that i failed math this year. Its not that i am stupid, just that i spent too much time hanging out with friends and not working this year. That means that i have to go to summer school. I might have to go for english too for the same reason. Also, i am yelled at by my parents almost every day for the most stupid things ever. Sometimes after a day of hanging out with friends i will feel very depressed when i am at home and have nothing to do. It isn't just boredom, but not full depression. I have no history of depression, its just that everything seems so boring. It gos away after a while but I think what im trying to ask is whether this has happened to anyone else and whats a good way to stop it from happening at all.

Old 06-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: depressed

Your not the only one. After school ended my life felt like it collasped. And it did actually, but it's being rebuilt--stronger. Better--for next year. You should do the same. Try listening to music, take a walk downtown, explore, go jump in a lake, try to get a job, pick up a hobbie, go to the movies, or go see some shows or music. I understand school can take a lot of time out of you, but at least it's something to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 05:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

Oh puhleez...,
Consider yourself lucky.
In my country, if we fail the year we have to do the ENTIRE year over again. Alll subjects allllllll classes alllllll tests allllllllllllllll year. People here would be blessed if we could just go to summer school to make up for that one subject so we wouldn't have to go through everything again in a class with younger kids.
I mean, we have to waste a whole year of our young lives to do it over and we finish school a year later. Don't play the victem here. Thank them for giving you a chance to make up for what you haven't done all year. You own it all to yourself by the way. Nobody forced you not to study.

Old 06-19-2004, 08:13 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Look at the bright side.....You are noticing that you have a small problem. a lot of people to a long time to notice this. Dont think of summer school as a bad option. I have done that to so I could proceed in to the next grade. Summer school will help you achieve instead of staying behind. This little wake up call will allow you to be stronger next year.

A lot of teens go through these phases. The good thing is that you noticed the problem. It now needs fixing and telling from your attitude in the post you can do it. Good luck

Old 06-19-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

At least you HAVE a group of friends you can come back to every school year. I have to start all over again, going to a new school, meeting new people... Yeah summer can be really dull I agree with u on that one, I suffer the same problems... If I think too much about what is going on in my life i get really depressed. Get a job or something, thats what I am planning to do.

Old 06-19-2004, 12:39 PM   #6
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyDestiny
Get a job or something, thats what I am planning to do.
Good luck.

Old 06-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #7
(male)

Green1 HB User

Math sucks right? Why do the some of the things we have to know in life have to be the hardest? I was a letter grade away from failing Geometry, I know how you feel. Good Luck in Summer School.

Old 06-19-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
(female)

IcyDestiny HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
Good luck.
Thank you, Hope i do well in interviews.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:00 AM   #9

jennablast123 HB User
Wink Re: depressed

ok look im going into the 10 grade and i failed algebra and i hate it and now im gonna have to take it over again and now im gonna be behind but i figured out y i failed and its all because of the choices that i made i made the decision to not do my homework i made the decison not to study for tests and to stay up all night talking to ppl on the phone and watching tv i now that its no fun but hey school isent ment to be fun somtimes it can even tourcher us from time to time but u just have to stick with it and just ride it out till i get it hey im still trying to get it and im going into 10th grade

Closed Thread