It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2004, 03:17 AM   #1

poorabnormalone HB User
Unhappy Why am I so uptight? Please help me!

Well, i have this problem. I was always pretty extroverted, i loved being the centre of attention and entertaining people. But then, i was grounded for three weeks once, and it was also during a holiday. Since then I don't do anything like that anymore, i'm quiet and even a bit shy. Everyone says they miss the old me, but when i try to be myself again it's just lame.
It's getting worse and worse, i just can't eat infront of people, i can't sleep in the same bed with people and i get anxiety attacks when it is silent, for example in exams. Another problem is when my stomach makes noises, I'm so incredibly scared of that!
Once my best friend and i where eating at mc donalds and i ha just finished my food, then a boy from our school came and sat by us, i was so embarrassed or something that i just couldnt talk for ages! And in 2 days I'm flying to europe and in the plane i'm going to have to sit next to a stranger! I'm going to also get anxiety attacks then!
I would appreciate your help very greatly!!

Old 07-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #2

Geek_USA HB User
Re: Why am I so uptight? Please help me!

Hi

Just don't think about what others think of you, and it will be easier.
On the plane, no worries half the time you wont talk much to the person next to you, I know I talk a lot and make the California-Europe trip twice a year and don't talk much on the plane, its sort of a silent zone after the first two hours.

Fly safe and enjoy it here in europe

Remember not to worry what others think about you, this may be why you are anxious. If this is a serious problem, there is medicine for this. I do not believe in medicine for depression and such, but then again I don't have any of these types of problems so I wouldn't understand. Just wait it out a bit, and if its serious, see a doctor. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

In life we all go through changes and your at the age where your body is changing. I was once the center of attention and the class clown once, but a thing called maturity hit and I became like you are. This is nothing you can control because your body is changing to the real you and you no longer have to prove to people that you are cool. I tried really hard to go back and being funny but it just didn't work. So try to except it and this is who you are.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:11 PM   #4
(female)

elmosgirl167 HB User

Three words for you my friend: Social anxiety disorder...look it up...you'll see what i mean...

Closed Thread