It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #1

somuchbetter HB User
when can my life begin.

okay i live in an apartment with my mom and little sister, but we are moving out to my moms bf house, my mom and him argue ALOT and i think it is a really bad idea for us to be moving in with him. i told my mom about this and she has already made up her mind that we are moving in with him. i am 17 and i will be 18 in 5 months i am trying really *********** hard to get a job so i can get my own apartment and car and live on my own. i have put in numerous applications just about every where in my town but no one is hiring right now. i dont want to live with my moms bf and i hate his nasty house. anyone have advice for me?

Last edited by somuchbetter; 07-21-2004 at 02:59 PM.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: when can my life begin.

What are ypur plans when you are done school?

I am 22 still living at home. There is nothing wrong with living to save a little. I do hate living at home and wish to be out on my own but this is my best bet.

I realize you applied to different places but dont be picky on the job. Get a job to at least start with. You may hate living there but try to stick it out until you are ready. It will be hard living by yourself and you can try putting an add to get a room mate. You have to remember you are going have to pay for rent and car payments. On top of that you still will have to by stuff for your apartment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #3

somuchbetter HB User

i havent even finished high school yet i am getting my g.e.d. when im 18 and i was planning on getting a job and saving money to get my own apartment.

Old 07-21-2004, 05:15 PM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchbetter
i havent even finished high school yet i am getting my g.e.d. when im 18 and i was planning on getting a job and saving money to get my own apartment.

Trust me on this...

Finish school...Get your GED...while doing that get a job. Then think about the real world. You want your education first.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #5
Inactive

maak823 HB User

You are in the same situation that my stepdaughter is in - she hates her new stepdad and they are moving to his house, she hates that too- but you would be suprised what you can put up with if you set your mind to it- You will have a room, stay there- nothing says that you have to socialize with the BF. Get your life together before you move out- trust me, I did it when I was 18 b/c I knew it all and I could do it on MY terms - HA! I was back at my parents house at age 22- pregnant, and seperated from my husband with no college education (which I could have had if I would have stayed home!) So instead of that Nursing Degree that I always wanted- I have spent my life working in offices, at a much reduced Salary than what I would have been making as a nurse- a single mom with 2 kids, working all I can to support them, my life could have been VERY different - its all up to the CHOICES you make. Don't get ahead of yourself on this one- get your life in order before you move out.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maak823
Don't get ahead of yourself on this one- get your life in order before you move out.

Very well given advice.

Old 07-22-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
(female)

Tales610 HB User
Lightbulb Re: when can my life begin.

Im 22 and I moved out of my parents house when I was 18.. I still have my apartment and a car. Its very possible to get out on your own.. Just remember it isn't easy to get an apartment unless you have a stable job. So If I were you I'd get a job and once you start getting regular paychecks figure out what you can afford for an apartment and all the bills that come with that. Don't get to excited and get something you can't afford. Always- Round up so you are positive you can afford everything. It might be a lil bumpy at first but don't get discouraged it is possible. You just have to figure it all out before you actually make that step. Good Luck.. And just keep away from the BF if you dont' like him... Stay in your room... or Work alot! That always helps.. and don't move out untill you at least have your GED~

Good Luck~~

Old 07-22-2004, 10:19 AM   #8
Inactive

maak823 HB User

Thanks! I hate to see someone making the same mistakes I made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
Very well given advice.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:16 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Thanks! I hate to see someone making the same mistakes I made!

Many teens dont know the hardships until it hits them but these boards are great because people that know about it can seek real life advice first hand.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:23 AM   #10
Inactive

maak823 HB User

Yep! I just hope they listen- I can remember thinking that everyone else was an idiot but me at that age- seems like we turn 18 and lose major brain cells!!!

Old 07-22-2004, 11:50 AM   #11
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Yep! I just hope they listen- I can remember thinking that everyone else was an idiot but me at that age- seems like we turn 18 and lose major brain cells!!!

lol.... I am 22 still living at home

Old 07-22-2004, 12:08 PM   #12
Inactive

maak823 HB User

Well then you are one of the lucky ones- you retained yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
lol.... I am 22 still living at home

Old 07-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Well then you are one of the lucky ones- you retained yours!

lol...I am just not ready to move yet. I am finacially stable but I want to be ready

Closed Thread