It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2004, 04:43 PM   #1

ashley123 HB User
Question Did you take Spanish in highschool? What grade were you in?

I'm a freshman and I signed up for Spanish and yesterday was my first class, I don't know if I'm quite ready to take Spanish. It seems a little hard but I really really want to learn to speak another language. So what grade were you in when you took Spanish?

Old 08-14-2004, 05:26 PM   #2

party_guy_2008 HB User
Re: Did you take Spanish in highschool? What grade were you in?

I am a freshmen also, but i took Spanish last year. Its not that hard after you get used to it... Im getting ready to take Spanish 2 and then on to 3 4 and 5.... so it will get better. My teacher last year was horrible at teaching. She would just put work in ffont of you and make you read the directions to figure it out so hopefully your teache explains things.... well anyways good luck and it will get easier as you go......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2004, 05:35 PM   #3

Shadowdogg77 HB User

Im gonna take spanish this year.I too am gonna be a freshman.My sister excelled in spanish though, so she can help me.

Old 08-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #4

ashley123 HB User

She gave us like 3 sheets to read on it, and on the last page it says to explain some things and put an accent where they are missing, now I don't know if I'm supposed to do the work or just read it..

Old 08-16-2004, 06:12 AM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I took spanish for 3 years in high school. It is a very good language to learn and quite easy. You just have to pay attention to vocabulary and it like re learning english because you will be taught how nouns, adverbs, ect go in a sentence.

Old 08-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #6

crazybabe_04 HB User

we had to take spanish in 7th grade its not that hard if you pay attention.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
Veteran

bluetooth HB User

if you have ever done any other languages before it can help.
Spanish is really easy in my opinion but ive majored in them so
Its a great language and its alot easier to pick up because everything is pronounced how it looks with a few minor exceptions for example double l is pronounced as a y.

you'll love it trust me

viva espana!! as they say

Old 08-17-2004, 05:53 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth

viva espana!! as they say

Si

Last edited by eightball61; 08-17-2004 at 05:53 AM.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #9
(female)

mystiq86 HB User

Spanish is one of the easier languages to learn. I took four years of it, however, I don't necessarily recommend that. If you get a 'B' or higher in Spanish 2 then I would definitely take Spanish 3. But don't take Spanish 4 A/P unless you really want to. Though it is valuable and I personally learned a lot.

Old 08-18-2004, 06:42 AM   #10

Geek_USA HB User

Im a sophmore now, and I started in 9th. Most colleges want 2-4 years, so starting in 9th would be the absolute latest. I know most start in 8th, I started french in 8th but it sucks even more then spanish (hard to believe..). Starting in 9th however is the latest, so you will finish spanish 4 in 12th.

I took spanish 1 in 9th, and now am going to take spanish 2 in 10th (when school starts in a month). However I may just take the German 4 AP test, and wont have to take any more dumb spanish.

I know spanish one sucks, and its hard and ugh. The bad news is..its just gonna get harder so you might as well get it over with.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:44 AM   #11
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek_USA

I know spanish one sucks, and its hard and ugh. The bad news is..its just gonna get harder so you might as well get it over with.

It can be hard because it is new and thats why you have to put alot into it but it is the same thing with any language. I tried latin and french and failed to learn....Spanish caught my eyes....Yes it was hard but suitable for me to learn.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #12

x8danielle8x HB User

i started spanish in 5th grade and continued to take the honors level course until this year, where i am not taking a language. im a junior now and i have had spanish for 6yrs. in the beginnning it is very east and i excelled. once sophmore year came i felt overwhelmed with the content and the fast pace. we had 7 tenses of verbs to learn and once you fall behind a little bit u, it is very difficult to catch back up.
Good Luck!!
-danielle

Old 08-18-2004, 02:49 PM   #13
Veteran

bluetooth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek_USA
Im a sophmore now, and I started in 9th. Most colleges want 2-4 years, so starting in 9th would be the absolute latest. I know most start in 8th, I started french in 8th but it sucks even more then spanish (hard to believe..). Starting in 9th however is the latest, so you will finish spanish 4 in 12th.

I took spanish 1 in 9th, and now am going to take spanish 2 in 10th (when school starts in a month). However I may just take the German 4 AP test, and wont have to take any more dumb spanish.

I dont agree. yes it helps if you were born a natural linguist and show signs of talent for the subject but that applys to all subjects. Spanish is good because you dont have to BE good to begin with. if you learn the conjugations of verbs and your vocabulary and keep pracitisng them then you'll be sorted because they are the basics. This is why its a good subject, everything is learnable through practise.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #14
(female)

tallgirl HB User

I took spanish my freshman year and at first i thought there is no way i am going to be able to do this.... well anyways i had a D the first semester and by the 2nd semester i though okay i need to work harder at this and i payed more attention and studied at home and it became EASY... this language after you get the hang of it is accually quite easy... and it isnt that hard to remember... well anyways i started getting A's on my papers and did great on the tests... and at the end of the year my report card said i had an A!!! so if you take it and you acctually try to learn it then anyone can learn it!! i am now taking it again this year and plan on taking it all 4 years in highschool because i want to be able to speak it well (even though i dont expect to get the accent down) i will still sound stupid while speaking it but at least i will be able to understand and speak it back enough to know what is going on.... and to me it is easier to read spanish than it is for someone to talk to me because i pronounce things differently when i learn and when i hear it back with and accent and the person talking really fast i dont pickup on the words that i have learnd so i have to have them talk really slow and say it over and over again before i can tell what they said...

i dont know i hope all of that will be easier when i am a senior

well good luck to you

Old 08-20-2004, 12:27 AM   #15

brown_eyed_girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley123
I'm a freshman and I signed up for Spanish and yesterday was my first class, I don't know if I'm quite ready to take Spanish. It seems a little hard but I really really want to learn to speak another language. So what grade were you in when you took Spanish?
You have school... already? Wow! I thought the new law was that school starts after Labor Day? Hmm... Maybe its just the new law for the state I live in! Well, anyways... I'm going into 10th grade and I'm taking my first year of Spanish this year. Alot of my friends took it last year while we were all freshman and now they are taking Spanish 2... I'm taking Spanish 1 but I guess that if you plan on going to college, you have to have like 2-3 years of a forgein language (I could be wrong about that) But anyways, good luck!

Closed Thread