It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 04:17 PM   #1

NaSade HB User
Thumbs down Female sweating in bad areas

Hey wats up guys..Ok so heres my deal, I take showers, I smell good..then like throughout school and running around, my private part down there starts to smell bad, I dont know if its sweat or what... I lotion all over but its like..its just nasty and i dont know what to do..is there any creme or something? I dont want to see any doctor, im too embarrassed..what should i do?

Old 09-25-2004, 05:21 PM   #2

RegretfulHeart HB User
Re: Female sweating in bad areas

Sweetheart, I'm 20 yrs old, and ever since 6th grade (when i hit puberty), all I could remember was having such a stench down there, it seemed to get worse with physical activity as well...I relate to what youre going through, I've always had a strong smell, when i went to the health department, around 9 or 10 months ago, my doctor did a pap smear on me, because it was a physical exam i was due to have done, like a regular checkup, and he said that i had heavy discharge, and i could have bacterial vaginosis (spelling?), then i just went back to the health dept, last week and the woman i talked to, told me that he was a temp doctor, and was only there for a week when i had happened to see him during my visit, and so she tested me, and the results came back negative, so sweetie, dont worry, when i run around a lot too, i have a 'strong' smell, coming from down below as well, i constantly shower, and spray good smelling feminine cologne on all the time, but i too, share your problem...You might have a yeast infection, but you know what as much as ive shared your same problem, ive never once bought monistat 1, yeast infection cream, or dared to douche, because douching is unsafe and it causes potential hazards to the "normal cleansing cycle" that your v*gina goes through...I've had a natural strong smell for the past 7 or 8 years, and its what you are, and i dont know how old you are either, but an ex boyfriend of mine even told me he liked it, and when i persisted in saying i thought it smelled fishy and gross, he said it was so strong and it really turned him on...So basically you get to a 'point in time' when you accept your 'own' smell, and it wont bother you anymore, thats why you have it, its supposed to attract other men, and its called your own pheremones...It just depends on how uncomfortable it makes you feel...Mine doesnt interfere with my everyday lifestyle, if yours does, you may want to seek medical attention, and if you go to your local health department, and u have your own money, u can go alone, without feeling embarassed, of your parents knowing or other people knowing, and its cheap to have a pap smear done, just call your local health department, and explain to them your problem over the phone, and theyll asist you also with questions on what you can do and how much it costs, before you go in...I hate going to doctors, but i love the feeling of knowing whats going on in my own body, and knowing i can get affordable testing and medication also. Oh, and Nasade, when your running around with errands or on the go constantly, and you begin to notice the smell, do you also feel like you are sweating down there too? Because I get that also, I kinda sweat a little bit down there....just keep the area clean, and make sure you are letting it ''breathe'' so to speak, dont wear tight fitting clothing for long periods of time, and wear cotton underwear, also in junior high, i went through a phase where all i wore was thongs, and this aggravated the smell, and made me constantly have vaginal discharge...so just make sure to give yourself a break down there, and make sure if it continues to upset you, call the health clinic like i said, and theyll assist you...hope all this info helps! good luck...and lemme know how it goes....
always,
regretfulheart

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2004, 07:29 PM   #3

Kapera_X HB User

Try washing with summers eve.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:05 PM   #4
(female)

tallgirl HB User

i also sweat down there and it smells when i do its not really bad but i notice it when i go to the bathroom and it isnt pleasent.. this usually happens when i am playing sports or working out or if it is hot outside... i make sure i wash good when i take showers and then if i start to sweat down there or i know i am going to i use baby powder when i get dressed before a game or before i go to school... it helps tons!!! so try using baby powder if you know you are going to start sweating or something, it absorbes the moisture.....

Old 09-25-2004, 11:53 PM   #5
(male)

kando HB User

Hey it happens to us guys too. A couple pieces of advice:

I was reading an article about sweating recently, and it talked about the different types of sweat glands on our bodies. In areas where pubic hair grows, we have special sweat glands called apocrine glands, which produce a specific kind of sweat; odor in these areas is mainly caused when bacteria, which love to live in the hair, metabolize the sweat from the apocrine glands. So what does this mean? Trimming and/or shaving those areas can help decrease odor.

Secondly, I second (no pun intended) the recommendation for baby powder. I find the corn-starch kind to work better than the talc kind, but experiment and see which works best for you. Dry yourself thoroughly, pat on some powder, and you're ready to go.

Thirdly, don't worry too much about having a scent, nobody ever said sex was supposed to smell clean. I know that sounds cliché, but for most people it's true. Expectations completely differ between fooling around after you have just gotten out of the bath, or fooling around without any prior planning.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #6

giggles4always HB User

i have totally the same problem and i FREAK OUT!!. I normally think that no one will want to be around cuz i smell so bad. I just wanna say that this has helped me tons as well and im so glad i read this.

Old 09-28-2004, 06:44 PM   #7

NaSade HB User

Heyy girl..i think i figured out what the problem is..see, i used to take showers in the morning, and thats when i would get the bad smell...now i jus started taking showers the night before, and througout the day i smell good..so , i guess its because when we take showers and then we run around, its still damp down there or something..so take showers the night before anddd..good luck!

Closed Thread