It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Met a girl, how can I see her again?

Hi folks, it's been a while...

I met a girl(let's call her "Linda"), at my friend's birthday party. She was so sweet and we got along very well, talked a lot and she played pranks on me, ect. Anyway she goes to another school, and I didn't get any contact info, and I would really like to see her again.

I'm planning on asking my friend(let's call her "Susie"), about her, since she is friends with Linda. I'm just wondering what should I ask? And how I should ask?

I don't think it's a good idea to ask Susie for Linda's number, because I don't know Linda well enough for me to just call her up, that would be awkward.

If I don't try talk to Susie about Linda, I might not see her again. So how should I bring this up, that I'd like to see her again? What do I say?

Sorry if this is confusing. If you don't understand what I'm saying please don't hesitate to ask me to explain more.

Thanks!

Peace,
Will

Last edited by Will M.; 10-12-2004 at 05:31 PM.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Met a girl, how can I see her again?

I would definitly ask Susie to ask Linda if you could have her number. Don't go through the middle person it only causes problems down the road. Hopefully Linda will remember you and give her the number to give to you. IF you have to say something to Susie then just say you thought Linda was really cool and you would like to talk to her. Can't hurt. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2004, 05:16 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Hey Will

I am very happy to hear that you found someone that you like a lot Personally I do think its not a bad idea if you ask for Linda's number from susie. Its up to you but what I suggest is that you start asking susie some questions about linda like; Can't you put some good word in for me? Give her signs that you are interested? Ask her if it be allright for you to cal?

If you dont feel its right to call he out of the blue like that then have Susie give you number to linda. I do say take the chance though and get the number from Susie to give Linda a call. I know she goes to another school but you both will be able to talk it up and get to know each other.

Let us know the outcome and I wish you the best.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Snails HB UserSnails HB User
Talking Re: Met a girl, how can I see her again?

Hi Will,

Good for you pursuing a girl. There have always been a lot of guys after me but I really admire the ones who make an effort to pursue me. I agree with soulcatcher's (great name, by the way! ) advice completely. You will seem confident and self-assured, which are very sexy qualities to girls that get a lot of guys after them. For me, I would never call a guy or ask him out in HS because I had so many guys doing the work for me and I appreciated that. So be a manly, confident man, and you'll get through. It's all about your tone...the love of my life, when we first met, called me and talked so confidently, in this sexy low voice. He said, "hey sugar, stop by sometime, I've been thinking about you." Even though I had a lot of guys after me, as soon as I left my class, I ran over to his apartment, took my clothes off, and couldn't wait to be in his arms. We ended up moving in together after a few weeks and have only grown closer during the many obstacles we've faced together...but we're a bit older, so don't be afraid!!

Anyway, don't try to plan a conversation and don't ask her for anything right off the bat, just try to make conversation that will appeal to both of you. Talk about school, your interests (I got really turned on when my sweetie talked to me about writing, though I must admit I was already turned on when I met him), ask her A LOT about HERSELF and her interests (to show you're interested in her as a person and not just a hot girl), anything to get her talking for about five minutes. Then ask if she'd like to _____sometime (depending on what you've talked about--go for a book reading, get coffee, get ice cream, go for a hike, play tennis, anything she's expressed interest in, or even just to study together which is pretty low-key). Don't ask for dinner or a movie or anything else too blatantly date-like to minimize the chance of rejection. See what she says...if you felt a connection when you met, chances are she felt it too and will be flattered when you call.

Hi Jeff! I think the best thing to do here is demostrate that you have confidence in yourself and make the call. Ask Linda for Susie's number, maybe tell Linda to tell Susie you'll be calling so she'll be expecting to hear from you and remember you, then dial her up. I'm sure she remembers you, but if you don't call then she probably won't do anything about it on her own, figuring you would have called if interested. If she doesn't want to go out with you, at least she'll tell you over the phone and you won't have to be embarrassed. It's better to give it a try than just wonder what might have happened and never know for sure. I sure am glad my sweetie gave me a call--believe me, if she likes you, you'll get a sign. She might not end up naked in your bed after you call like me, but since then my sweetie and I have considered ourselves married. We're waiting for some practical advantage in insurance or takes before we head to Jamacia and make it offical .

Anyway, you never know unless you try!! And confidence and persistence are both very sexy qualities in a man. I have a feeling this will go well...please keep us posted!

Old 10-14-2004, 05:37 AM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snails

Hi Jeff! I think the best thing to do here is demostrate that you have confidence in yourself and make the call. Ask Linda for Susie's number, maybe tell Linda to tell Susie you'll be calling so she'll be expecting to hear from you and remember you, then dial her up. I'm sure she remembers you, but if you don't call then she probably won't do anything about it on her own, figuring you would have called if interested. If she doesn't want to go out with you, at least she'll tell you over the phone and you won't have to be embarrassed. It's better to give it a try than just wonder what might have happened and never know for sure. I sure am glad my sweetie gave me a call--believe me, if she likes you, you'll get a sign. She might not end up naked in your bed after you call like me, but since then my sweetie and I have considered ourselves married. We're waiting for some practical advantage in insurance or takes before we head to Jamacia and make it offical .

I totally agree here and I did mention that its best that he make the call so he doesn't loose out. I have kept up on Wills post for sometime and I do believe he has what it takes to give her a call. He just needs to get the number and have us as his confidence so he can give her a jingle and build thing from there.

Old 10-14-2004, 03:45 PM   #6
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Thanks everyone! I've got it all figured out and I'm talking to "Susie" tomorrow. We are already getting lunch with some friends so there will be lots of chances for me to talk with her about "Linda."

I'll let you all know what happens. And thanks again!

Old 10-16-2004, 04:39 PM   #7
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Okay, so we went to lunch with Susie and I brought up Linda, and told her we got along well and I liked her. She was like "awww" ect. It turns out Susie's friend ummm "Erica" was the one who got in touch with Linda for the party. I'm friends with Erica aswell and we talk online a lot.

I guess I'll talk with Erica if I can tonight. It's been a week since the party, and I don't want to wait too long to talk to Linda, because then she might forget me. I'm just wondering if it has been too long, or how long is too long?

I'll keep ya posted.

Old 10-18-2004, 05:20 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

WIll, I am sure she will remember you. Keep it up and you got it going for you good. You have 2 connections now with Rika to get to this girl. Keep us posted and I hope it does work out for you both.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #9
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Thanks Jeff! I was talking to my friend 'Erica' online, cause we're trying to see a movie with friends. and I said "hey why don't you invite 'Linda', see if she can come. I'd like to see her again, she's pretty cool." and then she said "aw you like her" so she said that she doesn't have her number but she will "find it and call her." I hope she can find it! I'm very excited and I try not to get my hopes up but I can't help it. I trust Erica, and she'll likely get in touch with Linda.

I'll let you know if she comes Friday night.

Last edited by Will M.; 10-20-2004 at 09:30 PM.

Old 10-21-2004, 05:47 AM   #10
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Its a process and you are making the right moves. Don't let this slip through the cracks. You have 2 people here that can help you out. Hopefully things will work out and I do wish you luck. Thanks Will for keeping us updated.

Old 10-21-2004, 05:49 PM   #11
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Well Linda can't come to the movie, shes going to see a play at her school... What now??? Sorry if people are getting sick of me.

Old 10-22-2004, 05:36 AM   #12
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
Well Linda can't come to the movie, shes going to see a play at her school... What now??? Sorry if people are getting sick of me.

She has others plans and that wasn't her fault. Now schedule something for the future. If you were able to find someone that can talk to her then you need to get her number and talk to her. I am sorry that this came to a conclusion for this weekend but dont give up hope yet.

Closed Thread