It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #1

sunnyhk HB User
girls....what do you.......

What do you look at first in a man....phyically.....like....do you look at the abs...chest....height....weight....what kind of clothes he wears...blah blah blah.................

Old 11-14-2004, 06:46 PM   #2

alwaysgod2 HB User
Re: girls....what do you.......

You know...I was actually thinking about this the other day. I noticed how girls think guys look for a specific thing...physically...(alot of time weight) when guys really dont care,and i was wondering if guys think girls look for something that we really dont care about. So i think its funny that the 1st thing you mention was abs cuz thats what i thought guys stressed on( thinking it was a quality a girl liked. Which some girls do. I personally could care less) Me and my friend went to the festival today and she would say "Ohh that guys hot" and id be like "no hes not" So just like guys...girls look for different things too. The first thing i see first( to make a guy hot) is porportion. Its really hard to explain though. Like eveything on their face matches. it doesnt have to be perfect. but...its really hard to explain. But my friend sees guys hair. If they have nice hair, they're automatically cute to her. Then i have a friend who sees eyes first. And some who see body. So it really (again with guys too) depends on the person. We are all unique to taste in opposite sexes. And i find it hularious that girls are posting her to get into guys heads and see what there thinking. And guys post to get into girls heads. And herer we are...we know the answers...everythings repeated 20 gagillon times...and its still not good enough. We still keep asking. I do it too. lol. Its cuz we're human i guess. But...I dont know if i helped any...I would lie to know the same thing with guys too. What do yall look for first? ( even though your answers are gonna be that all guys have a different taste in girls.lol)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2004, 08:36 PM   #3

sunnyhk HB User

I hear alot of girls say......"I dont care about muscles...or I dont care about the body"...But....how mnay male models do you see that are out of shape...most males that have there pictures in magazines have muscles.....but I hear alot of girls say that muscles dont really matter....then why are the guys in the magazines so muscular then.......ok..now honestly....do you girls care about the body...as in....a body that has muscles but not too much muscle.....

Now...here is what I look for ina girl physically....I look at the body first....I like a girl who is slim and trim.......and has a little but of tone to her...as in...she lifts a little bit of weights....dont get me wrong...I dont like HIGE muscular girls....the girl can have a not so pretty face
...but dont get me wrong....the face does matter a little to me..she has to have a "OK" face...and have a great body and still be hot to me......

There was this girl that me and my friends see at school all the time....and she has no right arm.....my friend thought that it was a turn off....but...too me...she was still hot because she had a great body....so...yeah....a great body is a big thing to me.....but some of my friends put other things first besides the body...such as face....eyes...etc....

Old 11-14-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
(male)

18AndDumb HB User

Number one for me is a good smile, and a brain to go with it. If a girl is someone I could sit down and have a conversation with, and she has an attractive smile, then I can forget about most everything else.

Of course, then there's the sex appeal factor, too, which is really unrelated and doesn't affect who I'd consider dating. I don't really care what a girl looks like if I'm dating her, it's more how she acts, but as for picking which girls I look at to pass the time in class... open a magazine and there's 100 great examples. Number one important thing here is her figure, not weight, but just those sexy little curves around her hips that look so great (and most girls have them)

So there's a little bit of both things, just little quirks which are important to me, and then she can have a great body, too. My last girlfriend didn't look like Britney Spears, but to me she was really attractive, because I knew how smart she was and how much I enjoyed being with her. So, yeah, I don't think that helped you a bit, but just be yourself and you'll be very attractive to someone.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #5
Inactive

Pyroenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhk
...most males that have there pictures in magazines have muscles.....but I hear alot of girls say that muscles dont really matter....then why are the guys in the magazines so muscular then...
Thats just the media. The one thing that disgusts me about America (not sure where you live tho) is the media. It totally forces people into thinking a certain way. We see all these women in the magazines with no stomach and watermelon boobs and a perfect tan, and we see men with exploding abs and hairless chests, and people see those bodies and become jealous. We see those perfect, unrealistic, sexy, yet practically-impossible-to-maintain-in-a-normal-lifestyle bodies and we become self conscious(sp) of our own bodies. The truth is, very very few people are actually like that. And only shallow people go for only people with bodies like those. Most people I've seen with really nice bodies like that are self-centered and would not make good husbands/wives/whatever.
. And on a different yet related note, if you see places like Africa (like on the discovery chanel or wherever)... People don't care what their spouses look like. Their bride can have a tubby tummy and saggy boobs, as long as she'll make a good mother. Their husband can have seven toes and toothpicky arms, as long as they can do the work needed.
. Honestly, looks dont matter. Sure, they help in getting someone attracted to you, but they dont really matter.

Okay ranting over, and because I'm human (well, an american human) I'll answer the question now...

I don't really know what I look at first in a guy, body-wise. I notice mouths tho. I like big mouths and nice smiles. As for muscles, it doesnt really matter. The guy I like actually has a little tummy, no abs, so when he sits it kinda pooches out. I think its really cute :P

Old 11-15-2004, 05:27 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
What do you look at first in a man....phyically.....like....do you look at the abs...chest....height....weight....what kind of clothes he wears...blah blah blah.................

Overall, it shouldn't matter but the way the media does plays things its hard. Muscles do matter for some but not alot. I know girls like a guy that is clean cut and dresses well. I don't suggest in anyone to change who they are totally for someone. Everyone looks for different things though and tht is hard to pin point but overall dont change who you are.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:14 PM   #7

sunnyhk HB User

alwaysgod2.....you said you look for porportion...you mean like....1.)a certain type of eyes going good with a certain shaped face, a certain type of nose going good with a certain shaped face...certain ears going good with the rest of his face...2.)or do you mean....you want a guy that has.... lets use the nose for example......you want a guy that has a nose that is perfectly straight...you dont want a guy that has one nostril being a tiny bit bigger than the other....or you dont want a guy that has a lower lip that is a little bigger that the the other...or you dont want a guy that his jaw is a little crooked????

which type of good porportion do you mean... 1 or 2......

also.....im starting to get a little mad at myself right now....you girls said that muscles dont matter hardly at all...and guess what???I got muscle...and I worked hard for it too....I have a 6 pack....and I dont mean to brag...but...hardly anyone in my classes have as much muscle as I do...I mean....dont get me wrong...I dont look anything like those people I see in the media....but compared to most people in my school...I have muscle...(Im in highschool by the way)....I only weigh 150 pounds...but....all of it is muscle..and no fat....and what is starting to get me a little mad is that ive worked hard for what I have...and you girls are saying that is doesnt matter....so right now...im think im going to stop pumping iron...and loose my 6 pack and my muscle...because what is he use in keeping it up if it doesnt make me any sexyier...it takes alot of time effort......

And there is this girl that always wants me to flex...and she asks me to flex for her friends.....is she just playing me...or...does she really think that my muscle are great????
.....is she just playing me...or does she really like

Old 11-15-2004, 02:15 PM   #8

alwaysgod2 HB User

EXACLTY! Never change for someone, cuz then youd be changing your apperance all your life and thats all it is. Apperence. I agree with Pyroenix...looks are just looks. But thats when our humanly nature kicks in and we see apperence first. I do it too. But you know...I just wish everyone could be on the dating game and talk to guys(or girls) before they see them. i almost bet if you like them before you see them...when you see them you will find them attractive(even if they are butt ugly). Looks are everyones first impressions...how we act, dress, look, ANYTHING you see...all makes the first impresssion with people. And i hate that! Its reading a book by its cover basically. I use to be really fat and nobody liked me...so i changed myself for people. And i went so far as being anorexic/bulimic to change for people. And i hate that i let myself get that far. That i cared that much. Because now i will always struggle with anorexia/bulimia. And now...i wish i was still fat because people like me for my look now first, instead of my personality. I have guys( not trying to gloat or anything) who say "your so hot, i like you!" and i think...ok...you dont know anything about me...and you wanna go out with me??? Thats a big turn off for me. I will never give a guy a chance if he wants to go out with me for my looks first. i shouldnt be that way, but you have no idea how much i cant stand that! I regret ever changing...and i will NEVER change again for a guy.
But as far as the magazine thing...girls can throw that in guys faces too. We open a magazine and what do weee see? What kind of girl models are out there? They just now started putiing chubby girls up on the run way. Im not big on body really. I honestly can say that. I actually prefer a guy with a little meat on them. Not chubby...but not toothpicky. I think little tummys are cute to. because it shows that the guy really doesnt care what ppl think of them. ( thats one of my biggest attractions as far as personailty goes) The only thing that really...i dont like...is man boobs. Dont know why...just dont. It kinda grosses me out( no offense to the guys who do have man boobs
But ...i didnt realize how long this got...so im gonna stop.lol.
*~~*Ashley*~~*

Old 11-15-2004, 02:18 PM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
also.....im starting to get a little mad at myself right now....you girls said that muscles dont matter hardly at all...and guess what???I got muscle...and I worked hard for it too....I have a 6 pack....and I dont mean to brag

Don't get mad and consider that you being fit as an added bonus. There is nothing wrong with being healthy.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #10

alwaysgod2 HB User

Number one...where everything kinda goes together...OK i got a 4 pack...so i know how hard it is to get that. i completly understand where your coming from. But its the fact of WHY...why did you get them? For girls, or for yourself? Dont get me wrong...muscles ar enice, but thats not the first thing i look for. I dont work out for guys... I work out for myself. And that goes withthe whole eating disorders too. if i stay in shape and i look ok...im happy with myself. i have a loooow self esteem. I shouldnt...but i do. It comes with my childhood. And eating disorders...there nothing to play with.( if your curious read my posts on the eating disorders thingy) They stay with you all your life, and you try to control it. I tell myself everyday that im not fat...but at times i still get in times where i think i am. Its a horrible thing. HORRIBEL...and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. But anywho...(i like to write have you noticed? lol) I tell guys to flex...and most the time...like 98% of the time i do like them. but thats not with all girls. Some girls do strictly go for muscles...just like some guys go for boobs. You have different attractions for different people. Thats why ppl shouldnt get bumbed if a guy/girl doesnt like us...because theres somebody out there thats attracted to you...just maybe not that person.

Last edited by alwaysgod2; 11-15-2004 at 02:32 PM.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:25 PM   #11

alwaysgod2 HB User

we're all playing post tags...lol

Old 11-15-2004, 02:59 PM   #12
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysgod2
OK i got a 4 pack....

I got a small beer belly and I love it I tried woring out and even spent 2 grand one year to buy a personal gym set. I did use it and went to see a trainer but I never could get muscles. I then just said forget it. I do keep in shape for the most part but I take my body the way it was developed. Its great that you all are working out because you smart to stay healthy and dont give that up.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:00 PM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysgod2
we're all playing post tags...lol

We are ...tag your it

Old 11-16-2004, 04:19 PM   #14
(female)

blackstar23 HB User

as i always see it....you have truer friends when you are fat and ugly. if you change your looks or are trying to achieve a certain look that you feel will work with the "ladies" then you will get someone as fake as your tan. be yourself and you will find it a lot easier to keep up true relationships with the "ladies"...that might have been extremely off the topic but hey...theres some input for ya.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:04 PM   #15
Inactive

LooksLikeRain HB User

wow always2god2, we sound a lot alike. i used to be fat too but now "i'm not" according to everyone because i weigh like 112.5 but i still think i'm fat too. i went through anorexia and bulimia as well. i go for big guys, it makes me feel smaller. i know that's bad but yeah. i don't want a guy to look smaller than me. muscles definitely are not a bad thing. i'd rather have someone with somewhat of a belly though. i hope this helps! is it just me or is it more accepted that guys can be big and girls can't?

Closed Thread