It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 05:24 AM   #1
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User
help...my son is growing boobs??????????

does anyone know what i should do?he is not fat ,he just has alot of fatty tissue around his nipples,should i worry about this?doc said it was ok,but im not sure? does any of you guys on here know of this?he is 15 5 foot 7 120 lbs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 06:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Thumbs up Re: help...my son is growing boobs??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerhope
does anyone know what i should do?he is not fat ,he just has alot of fatty tissue around his nipples,should i worry about this?doc said it was ok,but im not sure? does any of you guys on here know of this?he is 15 5 foot 7 120 lbs
This is fairly common in adolescent boys. It's called teenage gynecomastia (sp). It usually comes about from a temporary imbalance in the hormones testosterone and estrogen. He is at just the right age to experience this. It usually resolves itself within several months to a few years. If it doesn't, he will need to see a physician to rule out anything congenital. There are other causes as well, and include some cancers, marijuana use, certain drugs for high blood pressure or heart medications. If he's not taking any medications or smoking marijuana, then time will probably be his "cure".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: help...my son is growing boobs??????????

It can run in families. My father & sons have Gyne as well as me. It is becoming very common in todays society.

Does anyone else in the family have Gyne. The ones that never wear a "T" shirt or go bare chested would be a good place to start. It might be embarassing, but ask them. They may be glad to help him. It can be devasting to a teen to cope with this alone.

If he does have it, at his age you maybe able to get it under control before it becomes locked it forever.

A good endocronoligist that specializes in hormones can help. His Hormones may be out of balance. Testosterone too low & E2 too high. The E2 is usually the problem. It can be lowered. It sometimes goes away after a few months as the body rebalances the hormones. Sometimes it if life long.

My family just accepts it as natural, but we avoid public bare chested display. I am the size of a womans 40-D breasts. I have gone to topless beaches & had no problems with stares.

In the summer check out the men in the malls. Millions of guys are now wearing "T" shirts & no longer hiding the breasts under multi-layers of shirts.

Good luck with your "problem"

Old 02-28-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
(female)

REBEL886 HB User
Re: help...my son is growing boobs??????????

i saw a show with a kid who had boobs he had to go and get surgery... his recovery came out really well thouh
good luck

Closed Thread