It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

scoobysncks8 HB User
Unhappy my belly button piercing ripped!help!

I got my belly button pierced in July and it's now february. Just last week I had noticed that the piercing was getting thin and you could see the metal throught the skin. It had gotten infected after I noticed that and just thought it was one of the normal infections I always get. But then last saturday it ripped completely through! What happened?! Does anyone know if I can get it pierced again after it heals up? Also when it was pierced, it wasn't pierced as high as everyone else has it, the guy said i had a small belly button but it could be pierced. If anyone has any suggestions or comments feel free. Thanx-Kate

Old 02-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User
Re: my belly button piercing ripped!help!

i would let it heal good and go to someone who has had years of experience i had mine done 2 years ago by a woman who has had 10 years of doing peircings she told me to use only dial antibiotic soap to clean it i have never had a infection from it also she said not to change it for 4 months.i followed her directions and never have had a problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2005, 08:18 PM   #3
(male)

Brad131799 HB User

Thereís actually nothing wrong with what happened. Itís natural for your body to want to get rid of objects like slivers. Yours was just a big sliver. As for re-piercing it you should be fine because there will be scar tissue there now and itís less likely to reject it but, as the person above said ask a good piercer about it . This problem is actually very common in surface piercing I here.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I've heard of your body wanting to to discharge unwanted things, but never a piercing, but i guess it could be logical. I too had mine done several years ago now by a woman who had been doing for 13+years, she later did my nipple as well.

Same thing, dial anti-bacterial soap for cleaning. And If i ever noticed anything wrong I would go see her to ask if it was normal. I too didnt change mine for 3 or 4 months.

I do have a friend who had to get her's pierced twice. But yeah give it a couple months then go for it!

I cant believe it ripped right out! your tough! i woulda freaked!

Old 02-28-2005, 06:44 AM   #5
(female)

REBEL886 HB User

the same **** happened to me, i noticed that my hole was getting smaller and smaller i could just take the ring out look down through the hole and see the ground. there was hardly any skin left. i tryed to clean it up but it ended up snagging on shirt and ripping from bottom to top. that was about a year ago and i am left with scar tissue on the top part. i got it repeirced and it did the same thing again so i just pierced the bottom part of my belly button instead and its doing better now

Old 02-28-2005, 07:15 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

I have had mine pierced for well over 3 yrs and was very fortunate to never have any problems with it.
My friend however had a similar problem to yours. Everytime she got hers pierced (3 times so far) her body always rejected it and "pushed" it to the surface and out of her body. For some reason, some bodies just know it's a foreign object and wants to get rid of it.
Each time she had hers re-pierced the guy went deeper into her skin. I know when I had mine first done it felt and looked like it was WAY DEEP. Now, it just looks normal.
If you do re-pierce, you may want to consider only wearing really high grade jewelry. I only wore 14k gold in mine for the first year and never had one infection. Now I can wear just about anything.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #7
(female)

cheerleaderkw07 HB User

The same thing happened to me.... only idk if my body was regecting it... but it was always really dry..... and i was in the shower and washing my body when it ripped outl... it ddint hurt... i didnt even relize it.. i want to get it repierced... but how would i got about doing it??? should i just pierce it deeper? and how long should i wait and do it?

Closed Thread