It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

GracielaWhite HB User
Question Nose Piercing

Dose it hurt?
I mean I've been wanting to get my nose pierced all my life, but I'm scared of the pain, I just want a little one, not a hoop or nothing just a really tiny heart earing on my right nostril.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User
Re: Nose Piercing

I've never had one myself, but I've been told it's not overly painful. It's probably comparable to getting your ears pierced.

It probably also depends on the person, some people even enjoy the feeling of getting pierced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I too have been himmming and hawwing over this idea. I too just want a small one. It's not like an earing though, it's kind decribed as a corkscrew nose ring isnt it? Since it has a weird shape to it?

I have my nipple and navel and several ear peircings...so we shall see. Let us know if you get it!

Old 03-26-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranna65
I too have been himmming and hawwing over this idea. I too just want a small one. It's not like an earing though, it's kind decribed as a corkscrew nose ring isnt it? Since it has a weird shape to it?

I have my nipple and navel and several ear peircings...so we shall see. Let us know if you get it!
I had a nose ring(has since been taken out due to surgery) and dont get me wrong, it hurt! its cartalige so it hurts more than a plain lobe piercing thats for sure. but with any piercing it hurts just for a second. i know you say you want to get a small stud. id actually have to tell you to get pierced with a ring. it leaves room for any swelling from the piecing or in case of an infection and its easier to clean, because you can just move it back and forth and with a stud its more difficult to keep clean. a ring healed for me in abut 3 or 4 weeks. but i was SOOOOO careful about it and the n i put a stud in cause the place i was getting a job at required a stud if there was nose piecings, i missed my ring!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #5
(female)

GracielaWhite HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl
I had a nose ring(has since been taken out due to surgery) and dont get me wrong, it hurt! its cartalige so it hurts more than a plain lobe piercing thats for sure. but with any piercing it hurts just for a second. i know you say you want to get a small stud. id actually have to tell you to get pierced with a ring. it leaves room for any swelling from the piecing or in case of an infection and its easier to clean, because you can just move it back and forth and with a stud its more difficult to keep clean. a ring healed for me in abut 3 or 4 weeks. but i was SOOOOO careful about it and the n i put a stud in cause the place i was getting a job at required a stud if there was nose piecings, i missed my ring!!!
Ear piercing don't hurt at all!
F*** the ice to numb it, you don't even need it!
I mean, the only time a needle has hurt me was during vaccinations, and cavity fillings!
But ear piercing...that's not even worth the name pain!
But n-e-way yeah I have thought of this, I know that you should keep it clean, just like a pet, but I don't like the noserings, I'd rather have a stud...but I'd have a nosering at first...but I can still change it to a stud after it heals right?

Old 03-26-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracielaWhite
Ear piercing don't hurt at all!
F*** the ice to numb it, you don't even need it!
I mean, the only time a needle has hurt me was during vaccinations, and cavity fillings!
But ear piercing...that's not even worth the name pain!
But n-e-way yeah I have thought of this, I know that you should keep it clean, just like a pet, but I don't like the noserings, I'd rather have a stud...but I'd have a nosering at first...but I can still change it to a stud after it heals right?
yeah you can change it to a stud after its healed. its just a ring is easier to move back and forth through the piercing so theres less chance of irritation, cause an infected nose ring wouls look SICK!

ear piercing does hurt!! i have an industrail. and the top one HURT. worse than any piercing ive EVER had the cartalige was so thick the chick had to push twice on the needle i just about DIED!

Old 03-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I had my cartilage done on top of my left ear it was done when i was 15. It's just the average ear size piercing.

I think i stay clear of nose ring for now. i'd rather a stud even though I know rings are better (nipple and navel same way)

Last edited by Piranna65; 03-26-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

I have my nose pierced, and let me tell you-IT HURT BAD! But only for a few seconds, but believe me. Those few seconds were hell. It really did hurt.

If you really want one, go for it. I have a stud and I love it. I also had a job where they wouldn't allow it but I wore it anyways. Then they didn't care. lol.

Closed Thread