It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
(female)

sweetpea46 HB User
Unhappy i just want to know my family....

I grew up with my Dad's family, and I love them. On my Mom's side I only have 2 aunts & 1 uncle. My uncle I am not close to and never will be...long story. One of my aunts I haven't talked to in a long time because she doesnt live around here. So I really only have my other aunt on my Mom's side. When I think of her family I think of all her cousins because I don't really have anyone else in that family. Ive heard stories about them my whole life. I've always dreamed about what it would be like to be close to them. I've met them a few times but not much at all. I want to know my family. Ive been talking to one of my mom's cousin and Ive seen him a few times but I not to spend time with him, hes always so busy. I dont know how to get in touch with anyone else, I feel weird to just call them up because I dont really know them that well. My mom does know how I feel and she wants to have all her cousins over in the summer but shes been talking about it for 2 or 3 yrs and she hasnt done it yet, so i dont really count on her having them over. I want to know my family more than anything in the world. but I wonder if I ever will. Im going off to college in the fall so it will be even harder when Im not even around here anymore....
This is the only real thing Ive ever wanted my whole life is just to know my moms family becuase I do know how great they are. And the few times I was around them I felt so good and I felt like that was where I belonged

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: i just want to know my family....

This is your family and it is your dream, therefore, you should work to make it happen.
As long as there are no hidden dragons in the closet that your mom hasn't told you about (which may be the reason she hasn't followed through with her previous plans), then here are a couple of suggestions: you could obtain the addresses of those family members with whom you want to maintain contact and have a party...maybe a surprise party for your mom, or someone in the family that has something to celebrate - like you, going to college. Or, you could call everyone together and sit around and have tea. Or maybe you could have a "Let's Be a Family Party" and invite poeple to come - usually people like to bring stuff to eat so have everyone bring their favorite item they love to cook (I actually did this once and had one plate of fried chicken, a jello mold, and fourteen dozen brownies.). Anyway, not that I want to be Martha Stewart, but it seems that you have a lot to celebrate and now that you are moving off to college, you should make this dream come true for you. Good luck. Chris

Closed Thread