It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
(female)

Cindy4u HB User
i need to lose 10 lbs before school!HELP!

Hey...
Im (REMOVED) years old... i am bout 5'4 and i weight 130lbs.. i really need to lose about 10 lbs before school starts... This is going to be my 1st year in High school.. im startin school in August... i only have 3-4 weeks to lose 10lbs.. i really need your help,is just that i want a flatter tummy.. and my arms are flapy.. and i want skinner thighs.I've tried diets.. and everything.. the thing is that i don't have any weights at home.. i don't have anything.. and i really need to lose weight. Im kinda insure about myself, and i know if i lose some weight i will feel much better about myself....So would you guys please help me. I wanna be someone different... THANK YOU.. i'll really appreciated,,

God Bless you guys!

Last edited by moderator2; 07-14-2005 at 12:20 AM. Reason: do not post your age - please read and follow the posting rules

Old 07-13-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
(male)

Red-M&M HB User
Re: i need to lose 10 lbs before school!HELP!

start drinking tons of water,and start eating alot of fruits and veggies and regular food too. Best thing you can do is join a gym,im sure they let you in at your age,and im sure you can find girls your age going there regurlarly. My girlfriend is 16 and she goes to the gym every other day, she does spinning and aerobics and aerobic dancing. Shes only 5'1 and is 100 pounds,but she has a flat tummy and a nice body. If you cant join a gym,i recomend just going for a mile run everyday,then the next do a mile,then more, till you can run a few miles everyday. Since its long distance you'll get toned up real nice,and get into real good shape. Dont worry about it too much,dont develop eating disorders and keep a positive attitude. Even if you gain weight for some reason,dont think of it as bad,your body loses what it doesnt need,and might gain some muscle weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User

I remember being in your shoes!

Here's an easy way to lose weight. Don't eat anything after 6 pm. It's really that simple. Make sure you drink as much water as you can tolerate and take vitamins if you can.

Good luck!

Old 07-14-2005, 07:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

james4444 HB User

I don't know if you really need to lose too much weight and you most likely won't lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I guess it's possible though. I would recommend taking the others advice on eating right and maybe do some running every other day if you get the chance. When school starts I'm sure it has a gym as I think pretty much every high school has one. Once you're there use the weights there and if you want a flatter stomach you should do sit-ups and other ab workouts. As for the arms, same thing, just use weights. Ask your gym teacher what exercise he or she would recommend for you to get the results you want, they can be very helpful. Don't get too obsessed with losing weight though. When you lose the 10 pounds I would keep yourself at that weight.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Losing ten pounds in three weeks is no miracle...it's possible. I have known people who have lost 10 pounds in one week, though they practically starved themselves. I shall only concur with the others...if you have the ability to do some moderate exercising, by all means take advantage of the power. You do not necessarily need to go to a gym to do this...you can rent or purchase some exercise and/or aerobics videos and exercise at home. As for weights, anything that you can lift with one had that is a bit hefty can be used as a weight. A women's magazine I read before actually suggested using great big soup cans as a starter for weight lifting

And also, you cannot expect to lose weight with exercise alone...you must watch what you eat. Try not to eat too many high-fat and high-calorie foods. Try eating some nonfat yogurt once a day (you don't need to get the plain kind because it can taste disgusting, but there are some other flavors like vanilla)...a cup of nonfat yogurt doesn't have a whole lot of calories and no fat, and it's very filling. Eat fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water, and try to cut about 500 calories from your diet. Assuming you take in 2000 calories daily, try to only eat 1500 calories worth of food at most...this will help you out a little bit. Since one pound is roughly equal to 3500 calories, and you cut 500 calories form your daily diet, you can probably lose one pound a week even if you just sat in bed all day...remember 500 calories x 7 days (1 week) = 3500 calories.

I'm making the assumption that you are at a healthy weight already, but it does not hurt if you choose to drop a few pounds to look and feel better, just so long as you are doing it for yourself and for no one else. I wish you the best of luck!

Old 07-15-2005, 11:05 AM   #6
(female)

Cindy4u HB User

Hey..
Thank you you guys..
Im gonna keep that in mind..
as long as i lose bout 5 lbs in 3 weeks i'll be happy
the thing is that im tired of people tellin me i need to lose some weight
cuz im gettin a santa's belly... that kinda hurts me...so im kinda feeling insecure about myself. but thanks for everything..Im goin to do my best to do all of this!

Bless you guys!

Old 07-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #7

Jamjo HB User

Whilst I agree with all the advice you have received regarding your weight loss. Please, please start from within. If you feel you will feel better losing 10Lbs and you still don't seem to feel better about yourself then what? Start looking from within...hopefully you will see 10lbs of a fun and happy person..the weight will leave once it does not matter anymore....that's my humble opinion anyway...
Good luck either way....Nothing beats eating healthy and exercise though....

Old 07-16-2005, 01:19 AM   #8
(male)

Red-M&M HB User

heck,some days i lose 5 pounds after a day at football practice =). but thats most likely water weight.

damn,i really gotta change my account,my cousin has been owning this place lately, people think im a girl =)

Old 07-16-2005, 10:29 AM   #9
(female)

Cindy4u HB User

Hey...
Thankz you guys.. yea i know i think they are good advice too!
i ate Special K with real bananas... it was so good!
but i really haven't been running... i hate running and walking!.. but i have too.. the thing is that there's no gym here.. only for adults.. and i need 4 more years to be 18.. the only place they have an exsercise.. is at the YMCA..and it's tiny and it get very crowed there too.. but imma try running.. walking everyday.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #10
(female)

Parasite HB User

I've been using weightwatchers for a month, and I've lost 12 lbs. I exercise daily, and it's worked like a charm. I suggest that. Oh, and drinking lots of water is good, too.

Closed Thread