It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
(male)

dstalker3 HB User
Fall in love too easily/often? This time: my friend...

Alright. I write this to say that I feel like I can MAKE MYSELF fall in love with any girl. ANY. if I just keep looking at her alot, and hanging around her alot, and talk to her alot, and end up liking her...

So yeah, this is what's happening now. I just got over some other girl that didn't work out when I asked her out because basically we didnt know each other enough according to her, and she had just moved out of the city, too far for me currently... So yeah. A few months passed. Now let me tell you about this friend. This girl I've known and talked to for a few years already. She was really useful to me to explain school work, and in exchange I would do favors sometimes, like doing homework for her when she didnt have time. We walk home together usually because she lives on my path, and we talk enough in and out of school... Now here's the thing with her. She keeps saying she's fat and ugly and that no one likes her ( It's TOTALLY not true, she is a cute girl really ), but she either gives too much importance to what her cousin or mom or w/e says (out of jealousy or teasing) or really likes to be hard on herself. Maybe she knows she's cute. Maybe. Dunno, she may just not like to admit it. Bah.

So one day when she was commenting on her being ugly/fat ( she's REALLY not fat, I laugh at that one, she's closer to very skinny than to chubby, its really funny ) I said, " hey, listen, ill tell you just once(later explained it was cuz its weird for me to say a close friend like her is cute)... You are cute" she said "stop saying that, not true, you dont mean it, you never thought i was cute so shut mouth" etc. etc. (she's always lke that) then I repeated "you are cute" and it's like in that moment, I started liking complimenting her. Now I feel like complimenting her all the time. She's just so nice and cute. I want to hug her, tell her she's fine, she has nothing to worry about. I want to protect her. I don't pity her though. I respect her. And sometimes, I find myself wanting to kiss her... on the cheek of course... Once or twice I've thought of going out with her, holding her in my arms....

ERR! See the problem?! There's like 2 mixed feelings: one part wants to hug her/compliment her as a VERY VERY CLOSE FRIEND / SISTER-like, y'know, nothing more, really, serously. but another part, I think, really likes her... Damn I wish I knew myself more. I wonder if I'm just resisting and lying to myself because she's a friend. I mean I probably am, since I wrote this thread...

Ugh...
What should I do... What should I do...
Thanks for listening to my rambling T_T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
(female)

blushingbride06 HB User
Talking Re: Fall in love too easily/often? This time: my friend...

well heres a funny story. I went to elemntary school with my fiance. I never actually met him. then middle school.. the same thing...i never actually went up to meet him. Then in high school we started dating... now we are engaged to be married in april of 2006. My point is.. sometimes love is right there all along. Stay friends until you know for sure that your ready to be in love...cause honestly its a lot of work! but its soooo fun. hes my best friend and the love of my life. I'm only 20 but hey.. if im lucky enough to have found my true love so soon,i'm not going to play around tryin to find the right one when thier really..right there hope that helps

Old 12-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

StalkN4UBoo HB User
Re: Fall in love too easily/often? This time: my friend...

I thnk you shoul d look deep down and see if asking this girl out will help her and you. Do u think that u can be with her for a long time? Do u think one day u might love her and she love u? If u think u can then u can. Keep me posted.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
(female)

babygirl_8262 HB User

I sometimes, not a lot feel that way...you think you love them, but it's not like love love, sorta friend love but you think it's love love but it's really just plain friend love ,but I think I love you love, everyone has love for each other, but don't really know it love love. Umm ...yeah...hard 2 explain. haha

Old 02-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
(female)

AutumnMist HB User

I've known quite a few guys with this problem...and basically I feel like they like whoever gives them the time of day. And usually I'm the girl that they end up liking just because I like to befriend a lot of people and I'm friendly to all of them, and that sends guys the wrong message I guess.
Anyways, some guys just eventually end up falling for a friend because they get to know her really well, some guys start liking any girl just because they're desperate, and some guys start liking a girl because they think she's the only one he has a chance with. I know there are a billion more reasons why guys fall easily or often, but I think the main reason is the lack of self-esteem. That applies to girls too.
It's hard to pinpoint a reason because everyone's different.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

Your not in love.

You cannot make yourself fall in love either.

That kind of thing happens on an almost spiritual level.

When you say you can fall in love with any girl...that to me just says that you can look at a girl and in your mind build up this beautiful picture of what a relationship with her would be like. Rather than taking the person for who they are and loving them as they are.

It is okay to be a loving person. I think this girl likes you...because it sounds like she is fishing for compliments from you. You will know this if you say "Yeah, your right, you are pretty fat". She'd be all surprised and hurt! lol She is just fishing for compliments. When that happens just say "Whatever, you know the truth".

Take it slow.....

And when your really certain. Take action. Whatever action that may be.

Closed Thread