It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
(male)

joydivision HB User
Non Stop Sweat

I'm 17 to start off and for the past few months I have been having non stop sweat under my arms. I won't even be doing any physical activity or anything and it just won't stop, it's not large amounts its very its just constant droplets and dampness. anything I wear gets soaked and I always have to wear sweaters and stuff and can't just wear a regular t-shirt. I've tried several different deordarants and whatnot, mother suggested baby powder - that worked for three seconds. and it just seems it won't stop. is it because of my age and hormone balance or something or what is going on? Any advice would be highly apperciated because I am getting quite fed up and don't know what to do! Thanks

Old 03-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Lisa101010 HB User
Re: Non Stop Sweat

There is also such a thing as prescription deoderant that can be prescribed by a doctor. One kind is called Drysol. There are other medical treatments as well. If this is affecting your life very negatively, go see a doctor. Wouldn't it be great to finally get some help that works?

In the meantime, try different types of deoderant (sticks, rolls, and sprays) and make sure you're using both a deoderant (which hides the smell) AND anti-persperant (which is supposed to dry you up). Bring some with when you go out so you can reapply during the day.

I think this could be hormonal changes, but see a doctor anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2006, 12:50 AM   #3
(female)

blondegirl HB User
Re: Non Stop Sweat

I have the same problem, medication that I am taking makes me swaet constantly. I found this anti-perspirant its called certain dri. You can find it at grocery or drug stores.You \put it on at night and it shrinks your pores and helps fight excessive sweating during the day. I t has been working for me. I hope this helps you!

Last edited by blondegirl; 03-13-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Closed Thread