It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
(male)

gibsonsg1991 HB User
How do I get courage?

Okay, a few weeks ago, day before Memorial Day, I met a girls at a barbecue. We have a mutual friend. So, we kind of hit it off, and then all week, I couldn't stop thinking of her. So, I asked my friend for her phone number, and I have been wanting to call her, but I can't get the courage. I tried once, and her dad answered, and I got so nervous I hung up. How do I get the courage to actually call her and ask her?

Old 06-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: How do I get courage?

Everyone has this problem. When I was younger, I'd often have my friend call the person and get them on the phone to see if they wanted to talk to me. But that is immature. It is better to do it yourself. Just call her to talk. You might want to think of a question or a reason for calling in advance. But, its important to be yourself. How about setting up an activity with this girl and your mutual friend? Maybe the mutual friend would take charge of this? Or, you could do it yourself. What resources do you have?

Hmmm... another thought... Does this girl and do you have any type of instant messager or email or an online friend's list or anything like that? Its really easy to strike up a conversation online and then turn it into a phone conversation...

Otherwise, you really just have to find the courage inside yourself. Have your friends motivate you. Remember that everyone struggles with this. Visualize positive outcomes -- like how great it will be after you call her and you have a really good conversation ... doesn't that sound awesome? Make it happen.

Last edited by minnesotagirl; 06-09-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
(male)

gibsonsg1991 HB User
Re: How do I get courage?

Okay, my idea is, I want to call her, explain to her who I am and say "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to see the new Adam Sandler movie (Click) when it comes out in a couple of weeks." Would that be okay?

Closed Thread