It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
(male)

Nihad HB User
Feel The Urge To Urinate When Nervous

Hello,

over the past year or so I've started to need the toilet when nervous. At first I thought this was some sort of infection, but I went to the doctor and he said there was nothing wrong with me and it is probably just nerves. I'm beginning to wonder if this is just more than nerves because as I say, it's gone on for a year now. It probably just is nerves though as outside of school I'm normal and I only need the toilet the usual amount of times. During school I feel the urge to pee during classes, but during intervals etc. I'm OK, when I'm in class I need the toilet but as soon as I step out I don't need. When I ask out to the toilet during class I can't do it because I don't really need the toilet - but I think I do. When it first started, any time I got the feeling I just went to the toilet, then I decided when I felt I needed it I wouldn't go and see if the feeling goes away. Since I've started doing this, I've needed the toilet a lot less. Now I've started to try and go the whole day of school without going to the toilet - which is the way I was before I started getting the problems. So far I've had no accidents but I still get the feeling, if I continue to do what I'm doing do you think my problem will just go away all together? Or do you think there actually IS something wrong with me that the doctor didn't notice? I've had many tests so far but in all of them I've been told there's nothing wrong with me.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Nihad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
(male)

Icy HB User
Re: Feel The Urge To Urinate When Nervous

There is a good chance nothing is wrong. I went through a 2 month period of anxiety attacks and had the same thing. I think the worst time was going 4 times in an hour! Being nervous (anxiety) causes that and thinking about it only makes it worse. So there is probably nothing wrong with you.

Closed Thread