It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

black_wings666 HB User
Unhappy help pls! feeling down about relationship

hey everybody. i recently had some problems with my bf of a year(if you wanna hear the whole story then go to relationship health). well to sum up, he met a new girl and felt an "attraction" towards her. they met, but then, after a couple of days we both decided to give our relationshpi another try. he says he doesnt want to lose me but i dont know. i feel depressed, empty and sad. i want to make things work between me and him, and so does he. sometimes i get so angry about everything and sometimes im just sad. . we are very close to eachother, he says im still his best friend and that he feels physically attracted to me and that he will really try to forget about the other girl. i also think hes my best friend, and im attracted to him. i have that special feeling for him however that i just dont think he still has. we have a great time together everytime we meet but when im alone i feel bad about everything. we are sort of busy right now as well with our final exams and everything so we dont get to talk that much. im afraid this will eventually cool down the relationship between us.
now, if anyone has some advice, i would be glad to read. also if anyone here experienced this, please share .
and lol...sorry if i misspelled some words, im not american

Old 05-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User
Re: help pls! feeling down about relationship

Relationship ups and downs are common, no couple is perfect, no matter how much they put up a "front". However, the other girl is a different situation, what kind of attraction did he have for her and was it more that just an attraction (like did they go out or kiss or anything). To me it sounds like that it was just a "thing" that he got over fairly quickly. As far as your feelings (sadness ect.) they are another common part of the situation you are going through, especially dealing with your partner of over a year. If its really meant to work it will take time but these feelings should subside soon! I hope things work out for you! Keep Me Posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I understand how you feel! It's definitely normal to feel upset after something like this. I'll admit I get a bit jealous over pretty girls who hang around my boyfriend, even if he says he loves me and isn't interested in them. Totally a normal thing. Just try to talk to him about it if you need to but try not to think about it all the time. Try to focus on having fun together. I realized that me worrying all the time wasn't helping and I was scared I would drive him away being so paranoid! Now I just try to relax and act confident (even if I'm not inside!) and just have fun. Talk to some girl friends if you need to. Try to make some time for you and your boyfriend.. maybe a special date night after finals are over for you. Then you can relax and spend some quality time together and hopefully that will help you forget about the other girl. Good luck!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
(female)

black_wings666 HB User

eh, we broke up today. reason: that other girl. he says he still feels attracted to her and he wants to give the two of them a chance. well when some of our friends found out, they got annoyed at him because they knew the other girl and they knew me, shes been doing even the impossible to be with him, not giving a damn about what i was feeling. and here i am now, so sad and so sorry about everything. we decided to remain best friends no matter what. i feel strage though, i dunno if i can trust him anymore...we had so many plans toghether...i cant believe he decided to give up a long term relationship because of a girl he know for about a month .

Closed Thread