It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
(male)

yeah1234 HB User
tiny black dot near lips

I've noticed a tiny black dot just under/on my bottom lip, and was wondering what it is.

This isn't the first time, I had one just above/on my top lip, until I accidently picked it off (resulting in an angry spot popping up in it's place - which went fairly quick).

So if anyone could offer any advice or info, I'd appreciate it.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
(female)

bridgeyangel88 HB User
Re: tiny black dot near lips

I have those, too. Do yours hurt badly? I am pretty sure these are black heads, that kind of turn into pimples. Try putting a warm wet rag on it. Picking them off can hurt, but for me it helps and they do not return.

Hope I helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User

Sounds like a blackhead, they're common around the mouth, especially if you use lip balm or lip gloss, as this can clog your pores. I know many people say you should never squeeze your spots, but in my experience the only way these blackheads round the lips ever go is to unclog the pore. As long as you do it properly, it will be fine.

after a shower or bath, wrap tissue round your fingers, squeeze upwards and outwards around the black dot, wash the area again afterwards. THat should get rid of it.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Definitely sounds like a blackhead. I agree that lip balm can cause these, and gloss for girls. Some people just tend to get them more around certain areas. I get them on my nose.

I'll be honest... I pick my blackheads out. I don't want them to turn into pimples or get larger. It's recommended not to pop any, but I just gently squeeze mine out without "popping" anything. Just be gentle and don't dig your nails into your skin or it will get very red. Some can be painful if they are in difficult spots. I find ones on the very edge of my nose can really hurt and so can the ones near the mouth.

To prevent them, you can use acne products meant for blackheads or a facial scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells that may cause the blocked up pores.

Closed Thread