It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

catdogcatcat11 HB User
im scared im going to end up on a mystery diagnosis episode

When i was in elementary school, twice i got severe pain to my legs, became immobile and doctors couldn't diagnosis. Once i got severely dizzy and was paralized for 15 minutes in a chair with a high temperature and a fast heart beat. Ive had severe memory problems, and for a couple of years now, on and off. With no cause what-so ever i would get sharp pain on the right side of my chest, if i breathed it felt like needles were stabbing me, if i held me breath, i felt a throb. It came and went, sometimes coming multiple times a week, and sometimes not occuring for months at a time. Sometimes if i turn my head to the left, my whole body twitches, like an electrical pulse went through my body, and i will jerk for a moment and the feeling will fade. My heart rate will sometimes escalate with no reason and i suffer occasional breathing difficulties. At night, i often get vertigo, sometimes varying from the whole world spinning around me, to feeling like my eyes are shaking in my head (the first time it happened i thought it was an earthquake). I often have severe moodswings and become angry or sad for no reason, and have had suicidal thoughts as well as homicidal. Im a 14 year old female who has a healthy immune system, 95 pounds, 5ft2 to 5ft3, 32B, have not had my period yet (although occasional i will find blood in my underwear, but it does not continue as with regular periods. I have a relatively high motabolism but there is a family history of heart attack, breast cancer, obesity, bipolar disorder, and alcholhalism.

If you have any idea what could be causing these rather bizzare and seemingly unrelated symptoms please tell me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wallis86 HB User
Re: im scared im going to end up on a mystery diagnosis episode

You should go see a neurologist, it sounds as if there could be a neurological reason for at least some of your symptoms. They could run some tests to try and figure out what's going on. Oh, and as someone who most likely WILL be on Mystery Diagnosis, it's frustrating not knowing what's wrong with you, but as medicine advances, there are more and more ways to find diagnoses. There is a light at the end of the tunnel for me after 11 years. Just go see the doctor and see what happens. Good luck.

Closed Thread