It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
(male)

gspyda HB User
Incomplete Puberty

Hi, i'm a 19 your old boy and i'm experiencing a serious problem. I havent fully gone through puberty. i've experienced changes such as facial hair, pubic hair and such but i havent had any significant changes in my body structure. i still have the body of a 13-14 year old. my voice hasn't changed much either. My shoulders haven't broadened, my facial structure hasn't matured. I just look like a 14 year old with facial hair. and i would really like to learn if this is something that can be fixed because i am tired of living the life that i live. I can't ever go out and persons not ask me for my I.d because i look like 14 and not 19. Persons always assume that I am a child and as a result I never get the intitial respect that I'm supposed to get. Could anyone tell me anymore about this problem.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Re: Incomplete Puberty

My first guess would be that you have lower than normal testosterone. This would result in a low semen volume after ejaculation and possibly times of depression and irritability as well as low muscle development. It might just be normal for you but a trip to the doctor for a blood test would be reasonable.

Second guess, you have low growth hormone. Signs would be, shorter stature, a form of depression called apathy where you have big plans but never follow thru on any of them because you can't muster the energy, also joint an muscle pains and low muscle development.

3rd guess, you have arrested puberty which involves low DHEA and low sex hormoens LH and FSH and thus no sperm. That can be checked as well, first by a blood test and then by a sperm count. In this case, puberty starts normally but then stops for some reason, so you get some sex characteristics but not all of them, ie: bigger penis, sex hair, but no muscles/bone development. Again doctor time.

You are 19, so its time to check this out. You can't wait much longer because the time for puberty is almost over. If there is something wrong you still have time for treatment to work.

Last edited by orion; 07-14-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
(male)

gspyda HB User

thanks for the help
i'll try and make my way to a doctor as soon as possible
and are these all treatable by medicine?
would it be expensive?
i would appreciate any more advice you could give.
thank you again

Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspyda View Post
thanks for the help
i'll try and make my way to a doctor as soon as possible
and are these all treatable by medicine?
would it be expensive?
i would appreciate any more advice you could give.
thank you again
It depends on what's wrong; first you have to figure that out. The treatment usually involves injections of hormones which can be very cheap or expensive depending upon the goals, and your body's response. Get to the doc, and start the process.

Closed Thread