It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

bridgeyangel88 HB User
I rarely get my period!

I am 15 years old and I have had my period since 5th grade. I always got it a bit randomly. Sometimes I would get my period late in the month, sometimes early in the month; often, I wouldn't get it at all in a month. Also, with my period, it would be super heavy and I would have horrible cramps where i would vomit and have to stay home from school. It was miserable! Just recently, I discovered I am intolerant to gluten, so I stopped eating wheat flour and i take different kinds of pills and powders everyday. Since this has happened, I have had one period every two months, and when i get it, it is so light with barely any blood and lasts only a couple days... could this be from my gluten sensitivity being helped? Or any other suggestions on what could be so odd? I rarely get my period now and it starts out light and sometimes gets little bit heavier but nothing like before!
thank you.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
(female)

Lucky Lucy HB UserLucky Lucy HB User
Re: I rarely get my period!

Sounds like you could have a hormone problem. Increase or decrease of hormones could do that. And since you take this new pills, and your period starting acting funny after that. THe pills could of altered your hormonal level. You should speak to your doctor.

also periods being irregualy happen a lot to very athletic people, becuase of the low % of body fat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

Wise52 HB User
Re: I rarely get my period!

What kind of pills and powders do now you take? If you are taking birth control pills, which contain both progesterone and estrogen, this will cause your periods to be lighter with less pain. However, it will also make your periods come like clockwork at exactly 28 days every month, so you can predict when. Since you have started having your periods every other month, I think you should see a gyno doctor for an exam. Periods can be irregular the first couple of years, but you say you have been having them for four years, which means they should be fairly consistent by now. I don't think the gluten has anything to do with your periods, but I don't have any knowledge in that area. Periods can change when you take an airplane trip, are under stress, gain or lose lots of weight or change your exercise routine. To be on the safe side, suggest you see a gynecologist.

Closed Thread