It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

lovely050 HB User
Why is my belly button ring hole thinning in the middle

Ok, i noticed my belly button hole was thinning in the middle so i took the ring out. Its very thing but not broken. is there a chance that if i leave a ring out of it that it will grow back up somewhat normal?

Old 12-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

armyfiancee2 HB User
Re: Why is my belly button ring hole thinning in the middle

The skin will not grow back the hole will just close...after a LONG time. This thinning happens naturally, faster for some ppl and WAY faster if it gets pulled on alot or you play with it alot. I had 1 rip out, i just rip through while i slept and another one just fell through the skin cause it got so skin. This latest one is a success so far so YAY...but dont worry too much its a natural reaction. Youll have scar tissue whether you let it heal up or just keep the ring in until it naturally pushes throught the skin(painless I swear to you)...so think about what you want to do. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
(female)

d3sire HB User
Re: Why is my belly button ring hole thinning in the middle

I've had my navel pierced 6 times and each time the skin in the middle thins until the ring pushes itself out. I would suggest that you take the ring out and let it close up on its own. If you leave it in and your body rejects it by pushing it out you are going to be left with little flaps of skin on both sides of your belly button, kind of like a snakes tongue. These flaps will eventually form together and heal over leaving a scar. Taking the ring out before this happens will minimize the scar tissue. After my 6th piercing I have given up on having a pierced belly button. I think some people are just not meant to be pierced. Our bodies recognize that their is a foreign object inside us and work hard to get rid of it. If it happens once it will most likely just keep happening if you have it re-pierced.

Last edited by d3sire; 12-18-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Closed Thread