It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
(male)

fish30 HB User
Swollen Epididymis

My son, age 13 has got a swollen left epididymis. Atleast I think thats what it is and how its spelt. He has bagan puberty, I think hes a bit too nervous to go to the doctors. So if anyone can just confirm this is part of puberty, it would be brilliant. Thankyou

Old 05-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
(male)

fish30 HB User
Re: Swollen Epididymis

Something else to add, my son also tells me that a month ago when he was playing football he had an unbareable pain that stopped after 4 hours. Nothing happened since. This was not anything to do with being kicked etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: Swollen Epididymis

I just noticed this post while answering another one. I am assuming you probably received your answer from another source. If not, the swelling of the epididymis is not usually related to puberty. The trauma is an easy cause of swelling. There are also many other theories such as lifting something heavy while you have a full bladder, not urinating often enough, not finishing once you start, and having underwear that is too tight. It can also be caused by and / or cause a urinary tract infection.

I have urinary tract infections every few months. About every other one spreads to my epididymis which at times can be excrutiatingly painful. As long as your son does not notice a change in the smell, color, and clarity of his urine and he does not experience pain while urinating, he should see the swelling decrease. If that does not happen, he should see a doctor to see if he has an infection.

I was in my teens when my issues started so I know exactly how he feels when it comes to seeing a doctor. After you see one or two, you get to a point where it is no big deal. It is only the initial visit that is most difficult to go through with.

Good luck to both of you.

Closed Thread