It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

GenGen* HB User
Does this happen to you :(?

Every single time I hear about an abusive relationship, or an affair, or just a downright controlling, manipulative boyfriend, I react with sadness, anger and frustration. I feel like screaming at the victim to leave and start wishing the abuser bad luck! But suddenly, I can't think straight. I start picturing my boyfriend, as if he was the abuser, or that I'm the victim in an abusive relationship, or that his "love" for me is fake, like it is in those situations. I always deny it, shaking my head saying, "no, that's not it. No..." If the thoughts continue, I get anxious and feel like hitting something. It's annoying.
I even looked up "abusive relationships" and "love" to prove that really, there is NOTHING that indicates I'm in an abusive relationship. I felt bad whenever I did that- as if I doubted it, but I just wanted to reaffirm my belief, to drive away the thoughts.

As for him loving me, he does show me. He never shuns me away or is ashamed of me. I love him too, and feel disgusted by the thoughts! He doesn't deserve it. Has this happened to you?

Last edited by GenGen*; 07-12-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Does this happen to you :(?

It hasn't happened to me, but it sounds like it might be a form of OCD with the unwanted and intrusive thoughts and thinking of things you know aren't right but can't stop.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
(female)

GenGen* HB User

EagleRiverDee, hello again!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

GenGen-

Hi to you, also!

I think we're all a little OCD, but when it starts interfering with your routine thoughts and making you really uncomfortable, then it's a problem.

I have to go check to make sure the doors are locked, wash my hands a lot, check to make sure the coffee pot, stove, curling iron are off etc. But at least once I've checked and re-checked I do stop thinking about it.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
(female)

GenGen* HB User

I keep thinking maybe it's mild.
All I know is that I overreact and grow anxious over certain situations (about the future too) and have unwanted thoughts that I stress over and find annoying.
I react by rationally disproving the thought, or taking into account my feelings.
I feel it's not severe.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Maybe just a type of anxiety, then?

Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
(female)

GenGen* HB User

I've been thinking it's that. I used have an upset stomach for more than a week. It wasn't food, but stress. Then again- can anxiety cause unwanted thoughts?

Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen29 View Post
I've been thinking it's that. I used have an upset stomach for more than a week. It wasn't food, but stress. Then again- can anxiety cause unwanted thoughts?
In my opinion, it can. I know that the more stressed I get the more I have really weird, sometimes scary thoughts. You know, like thinking I'm dying or dwelling on other scary things.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
(female)

Frieda1 HB User

hi gen gen
just thought i would write a quick reply - anxiety can definatley cause bad thoughts but when its ocd its normally the thought first that causes the anxiety and with anxiety its the other way round (if that makes sense) Pure o is really just the obsessional thinking without the compulsions, so you could be worried about something irrational and go through thought processes to neutralise it but not do something physical. Hope that helps x

Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
(female)

GenGen* HB User

Oh, wow, thank you. I think I do have Pure O. Before, I'd twitch and do physical compulsions, but now I try to push the thoughts away. I have bad thoughts about my boyfriend, which I don't like, and I stress about it :/

Old 07-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
(female)

GenGen* HB User

What do you do then, EagleRiverDee?
It happens all the time. I see a TV show and the guy is a jerk or it's so unrealistic but my head attaches it to my boyfriend as if he's the jerk, or would do the same thing. Maybe I'm afraid of that happening, but then again...Itrust it wouldn't.

Closed Thread