It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
(male)

COD Addict HB User
Im addicted to MW2

Hello,

Im 15 and addicted to Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox, my girlfriend just dumped me yesterday because she said that im more interested in the stupid game than in her and i know its too late to get her back but i want to sort out my addiction.

I really don't know where to start, i have realised that im addicted to it and i play on it more than pretty much everything in my life.

So far ( i have had the game since February ) i have played it for 22 days which in my opinion is far too long.

What can i do to stop?

Has anyone got any tips?

Old 07-31-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
Re: Im addicted to MW2

Hi - How is the 22 days calibrated? Does that mean the number of hours would total to 22 solid days? Or does it mean that since February, you have placed this game for periods of time on 22 different days?

And if it's periods of time on different days, about how long do you play at a time?

I'd like to have an idea of how much time you are really spending with the game. If you agree it's a problem, then it must be long hours. But, on the other hand, some teenage girls can be pretty fussy about wanting attention.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

GenGen* HB User

On a lighter note, I play COD MW2 too!
I get addicted to it, yet my boyfriend plays far more on his ps3 than me.
It may not be late to get her back, but it seems you don't even really want to anyway.
I'm a teen, and yes, girls starve for attention. They want to feel important. I give my boyfriend his space all day after I talk to him in the morning and later every night. If I ask him to talk to me for a little more, on IM or something else, he'll gladly do so and I gladly grant him his space if he asks. Yet, the reason is that once school starts, he doesn't have much time to play. So it seems you play a lot even during the school year.

Feb to July- 22 days do seem a lot. I've been playing for almost a month and I'm by 1 day and a half, I believe. Still, record how long you're on each day; I completely understand that it always feel slike time flies by when you're playing COD!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
(female)

GenGen* HB User

To resolution09, yes, the hours total up to 22 days.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
(male)

ADHD17 HB User

My advice: sell it and never look back. You get rid of the game and have some cash to go towards getting her something nice and try to get her to take you back. I may be pretty late with this post but thought it was an interesting subject.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
(male)

Facepalm HB User

I know MW2 is pretty crazy addictive, but 22 days is a pretty long time. How long a day do you usually play it?

I found out with another game (WoW) the only way to stop playing a game is just to get rid of it, you dont really realize how much time you really spend on a game until you stop playing it.

Last edited by Facepalm; 10-01-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User

Hey COD Addic,

22 days is a long period but then its over serval months. If you think its causing you a problem then stop and do something else in the evenings when i use to play it alot it was because i had so much free time. Have you thought about doing something else with that free time. You said you split up with your girlfriend why not patch things up with her?

As a last resort you can always sell it

Old 10-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
(male)

Bball92 HB User

I've spent 7 days on CoD 40+ on WoW.. 100+ on every other game I've ever played.

What I can tell you is that it does get boring, and as soon as you feel bored put it down and walk away. Try to get on a sports team, that ends up consuming most of your time and will help you feel better about yourself. Another thing is tell you parents to ground you.. I know it sounds stupid but.. it'll help.

Closed Thread