It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

WM HB User
Exclamation I need help

I never thought that I would have to resort to this and this is really hard for me to do but here we go. I claim myself obese. I weigh about 254 lb and I don't know what to do. I've been overweight starting at the beginning of 6th grade which was about three years ago. I don't want this do get out of hand because I don't want to be morbidly obese by the time I'm 18. It's not the fact that I eat alot. Sure, I might have seconds but so do alot of people.

It's just the fact that I'm lazy. I will admit that. I don't have any motivation. I'm self conscious, I have very low self esteem and from four years of intense bullying I just went into a depression. Every time I get motivated it goes away immediately. I eat out of boredom but I've stopped this. I tried to lose weight before by keeping track of the calories I'm eating. But with my abusive dad its hard to stay on track with him downing me all the time. Its also hard to keep active when my own mother who is about 5'4 is about 290+ and my grandmother is the same. Everyone is big in my house and its just why try..

I'm about 5'9 or 5'10 so I'm fairly large. I really never had problems with my weight until the summer before sixth grade with all that bullying. Now I ask you anyone who is reading this.

Any tips at all. Please.
the demons that I face

Last edited by Administrator; 08-07-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
(female)

GenGen* HB User
Re: I need help

Ahh...I've been in a similar situation in reference to low self esteem and all.
Look, just because your mom or relatives are obese, doesn't make it definite that you will always be, though as you see, it highly influences you.
Stop trying to lose weight and focus on eating healthy. BE healthy. Eat fruit, vegetables, drink more water, eat grains, eggs, protein...exercise.
One step at a time. I got my family to get used to wheat bread. I usually get the low-fat or fat-free milk if I'm eating cereal. I always eat breakfast. I eat little snacks every few hours. My problem is my water intake, and I'm not always motivated, but hey.
Remember one goal: to feel better, confident, and happy with yourself. If you've got a friend, anyone, ask for support. Lift your chin up because you haven't much time to lose. As for low self esteem, write a list of what you don't like about yourself and why. then see if you can fix it, or if you just need to accept it. I'm VERY sensitive and emotional. I can control my reactions to others, especially the ones i care about, but i have to accept my sensitive side.

Last edited by GenGen*; 08-09-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread