It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
New School- Nervous

Hi,

My Daughter is starting a new school in 2 days time. She is looking forward toit, but im wondering if anyone else has been through this and can give some good tips on how she can go in quietly and settle in quickly.

She is going from a small private school to a huge local school, and i know she will find it tough, so just wanted some tips really.
thanks

Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

tiny111 HB User
Re: New School- Nervous

This might be the reason your daughter isn't sleeping.

And I can give you advice on this thread as well because I went through the same exact thing.

I'm currently a senior in high school and I switched from a private school to a public school my seventh grade year. When I was turning thirteen too!

And it was difficult. I was actually going through like a gothic stage because I thought it was cool and how I was going to pick up all of those hot skateboarder guys ha-ha. Seventh grade was kind of difficult, trying to pick and choose friends. I remember my first day of school everyone ignored me at my lunch table and I felt so out of place.

But as the days went on, I started picking out some friends. I've always had an outgoing personality so it kind of helped me. But i definitely suggest your daughter to get into some sports. It's a quick way to get friends and it will help you get scholarships that come in handy when your older. Not playing a sport was something I seriously regret. And 7th or 8th grade is not too late to get involved.

But let your daughter know now, that she may only have one or two friends left that she makes this year by the time she makes it to her senior year. I have maybe one. I continued to make friends throughout my years. Because some people grow up while others do not. And everyone changes. And the person that you thought was your best friend, might turn out to be your worst enemy.

And let her know that this is something everyone goes through. But she can make it. I did! I just focused on school, and I always stayed close to my family. Friend come and go but family is forever.

And if your daughter wants someone to talk to and help her out through her school year, she can talk to me. I would be more than happy to help her out. I know sometimes it's hard to tell a parent and easier to tell someone closer to her age that's been through it.

I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread