It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Teen WONT sleep

My 13yr old daughter has never been able to lie down and just fall to sleep.

But now she has exams and stuff at school, she is really tired in the mornings and has trouble getting up for School.

I have tried telling her to get into bed earlier and try to sleep, but she refuses to go to bed until around 9.30pm. I dont mind that time, but she wont go straight to sleep, so if she went earlier she may fall to sleep at a preoper time. Bedtime is such a battle with her, but she cant see she needs her sleep, and its affecting her school work and concentration.

Ive tried allsorts including letting her read for a while too, but she just will not go to sleep until about 11pm sometimes after me and Hubby have gotten into bed.

I dont know what to do now !! she has to be in an earlier routine as she has exams coming soon, and will not be able to concentrate because she is so tired.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
(female)

tiny111 HB User
Re: Teen WONT sleep

Have you figured out a reason for why she can't sleep? Is she stressed or is there something going on that's not allowing her to sleep? Because if there is, odds are no matter how early she goes to bed, she probably won't fall asleep. There are lots of changes going on in a thirteen year old and it's a tough time to try and adapt to things. So I think what may help is trying to figure out why she isn't sleeping first.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread