It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
(female)

nccollins1980 HB User
young daughter starting menstrual cycle

My 7 1/2 year old daughter came to me with bloody underwear. i have already questioned her about inappropriate touching her as a sured me that has NOT happen she has not been touched in any way. so my question to you is, is it normal for a 71/2 year old girl to start her menstral. Is that to young. should i be worried.

very nervous mother

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: young dautger starting menstral

I saw a segment on the Today Show recently about girls starting earlier and earlier. They believe it is tied to the amount of fat in their diets. It is certainly possible. I'd take her to the doctor and talk with him/her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User
Re: young daughter starting menstrual cycle

Hey nccollins1980,

There has been recents papers and bits on the news about Young Girls starting the Cycles earlier and earlier. 7 1/2 seems abit young but its not impossible. Id think about going your doctors (gp) even if you dont take your daughter and just have a chat about it. Did you say she wouldn't be in any trouble if some has touched her inappropriately?

If you do have any concerns about your daughter been mistreated in anyway then you should talk to the police.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: young daughter starting menstrual cycle

Hi that is young but when I was 7 years old that was the time my father showed me an anatomy and physiology book and told me that from now on there would be a possibility that I could get mine. I would be curious to know if she has had corn, beets, peanut butter or spinach recently. I know someone whose period stopped with the use of eggs and raw red clover when they were under stress with a vaginal hole after periods for years and the period stopped for nearly 3 months. I am not necessarily advising this with a young girl however. Eggs sometimes have bacteria that can't be destroyed by heat or cold nowdays they call the bacteria superbugs.

Last edited by sjb; 10-15-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: addition

Closed Thread