It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
(male)

kid028 HB User
Small twitching

hi guys, for a few days now i have been experiencing small twitches throughout my body. They are only small and they happen every so often (only about 3 or 4 times a day). I've tried searching what could be the cause but i can't get a straight answer. Other webisted say ' neurological disorder' or 'possible damage to receptors in the brain'. I know its isn't serious, they're small, i don't have headaches, i don't lose feeling in my arms,legs or face, and i don't have all that other stuff wich is usually related (or at least thats what they say). All i wan't is a straight answer, but i can't go to the doctor. I went rescently to get me ear checked out and we found that i had swimmers ear and a slight Tmj disorder. I don't want to make a fuss and go back. So far, i can rule out sports or head injury. I just want a straight answer.

Ps, ive also rescently started having growing pains which i havn't had for years. I'm also a self proclaimed hypocondriac.

Thanks

Last edited by kid028; 10-29-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Small twitching

kid028: Take a look at what you're eating. Are you drinking caffeine and sodas? Caffeine depletes magnesium in your body. Twitching is a sign of a magnesium deficiency. Try either taking some supplements or eating more nuts, salmon, and dark chocolate. You can also try taking some vitamin B6 and B12. They both help with the nervous system.

Are you getting enough sleep? Lack of sleep can cause alot of problems with your nervous system.

If you're a teenager then some of your issues could be related to hormones because you're growing. Your brain doesn't finish growing until you're 25 years old.

Make sure you keep your blood sugars stable too because your brain needs nurishment more than ever at your age. If it doesn't get better then go get it checked by a neurologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
(male)

kid028 HB User
Re: Small twitching

92261, i started taking vitamin pills about a 2weeks before the twitching. I also usually a coffee milk everyday and most rescently usually a coke on the same day. So thats twice as much cafinated i usually drink. Also, i havn't been eating as much fruit as i should, so i will try making some changes and see if it helps.

Thanks

Closed Thread