It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

zachwantspeace HB User
Jealous

I have noticed that I am a very very jealous person.

I get INSANELY JEALOUS I look at people who party a lot, especially my girlfriend.
The last post I put here was about jealousy over my girlfriends past, and now it seems like im simply jealous of my girlfriend because she parties a lot...what the hell.

I have always limited drinking and i hate smoking because I care for my health, but sometimes I look at pictures of people at parties and I just want to feel like that all the time and laugh "at the good times."

I go to some parties and have had a lot more sexual experiences than most guys but I always feel like I am lacking some sort of experience, like I haven't lived ONE THE EDGE enough because I have focused heavily on school.

I derive my confidence because I am well-rounded. I have amazingly loyal and smart friends, and I have done very well in school and on tests, and I have had the been very social, well-liked, and athletic and successful.

So why am I so jealous of others? Why can't I be satisfied simply being casual and not a party animal?
Am i so vain for wanting to be BAD-*** and not always "that nice well-rounded young man"?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
(female)

GenGen* HB User
Re: Jealous

I'm not sure what to tell you.
I think to some extent you are very happy with yourself and your life,
but are curious as to how that "other lifestyle" of partying feels like.
I suggest that you and one of your friends could try it, but do it cautiously.
Maybe then you'll realize it isn't as great as you may think it is- but how will you ever know?

also, I think you think that focusing on school and etc have deprived you from those
"good times" others have had. But you have to focus on what makes YOU happy and
have a good time.
So in response to the jealousy, you have to find a way to let it go. To remind yourself that you are happy where you're at and perhaps those "partying" people don't have what you have.
And at the end of the day, studying and sticking to school rather than partying a lot
will earn you benefits in the long run.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Jealous

Jealousy is normal,believe me,it never goes away.When you are older it will be who has the bigger house,or better car or prettiest wife,the smartest kids,etc,etc...

You got to try not to let it consume you for your own sanity.
I think social networks like face book make jealousy much worse then it would be normally.Everyone is showing off in hopes of looking like their life is the funnest.Of course you won't see pictures of the bad times or hear about the negative things all this partying is causing.
You'd be surprised how many people I have heard get down on themselves and their lives because of viewing other's lives on face book.It's that whole the-grass-is-greener thing.If this is the case,cut out some of your social network browsing.

Or maybe you are just over worked and this is your body's way of telling you that you need a break...and if that is true,then your jealousy is justified and you should try to give yourself a break without it interfering with your higher purpose.

Also,perhaps you are just reaching that rebellion stage of life where you want to shake things up some and sow your wild oats.It is what being young is all about

Last edited by WhenItRains; 11-18-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Closed Thread