It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
(male)

kid028 HB User
Ringing in ear

hi guys, i can't believe am posting again this soon. Anyway,rescently ive been hearing a ringing sound in my ears, i think it's mostly my left one. I know what tinnitus is and i know i have a small tmj disorder, but i wanted to ask anyway if anyone knows why im hearing this. I don't listen to loud music, no allergies, my hearing is fine and i don't have a cold. Its been happening a little more often that what it used to. Other that my ear though i feel fine.

Also, i get a small bit of discharge from my ear every so often.

Last edited by kid028; 11-20-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Ringing in ear

Do you take aspirin or any other NSAID? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. That could cause tinnitus. Ringing could suggest hearing loss. Anyway, try riboflavanoids. You can ask for them at the pharmacy. They are natural and many people swear by them--say it took away the ringing in their ears. Sincerely, searchin The discharge is probably wax. Unless you have trapped water in the middle ear and it just comes out once in awhile.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #3
(male)

kid028 HB User

Na im not on any of that stuff, besides, i went to the doctor a few weeks back about my jaw and my ear because it was making drumming sounds. turns out i had swimmers ear any he gave me some ears stuff and it went away, he also told me that my ear makes discarge when i try to clean it so the more i do it, the wierder it feels. maybe i should have remembered that earlier. But my hearing is fine and everything seems normal. But thanks for your reply

Old 11-22-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
(male)

kid028 HB User

ive also rescently started having the drumming sound in my left ear in the morning, it also happens when i open my jaw wide.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
(male)

Doodl3s HB User

Is the drum sound one as if someone is rolling on a bass drum?
(by rolling, i mean rolling on a snare, but n a much deeper tone, similar to the wind whipping by if you stick your head out the window while driving?)
Also, can you manually recreate this noise?
some people have control of inner ear muscles and can tighten them which makes this sound occur. Muscle spasms (from TMJ for example) may tense the muscle for you and create this noise....

as for the tinnitus itself, i have it in both ears. Its only bad when you try to sleep right? or maybe wen you go to the bathroom and the room is all quiet you notice?

I hope it goes away, but if it doesn't, its not hard to habituate. You wont notice it when doing things...

Closed Thread