It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2003, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

KristinaM2004 HB User
Post Will he still be around?

When the baby is born to another girl, and your boyfriend is the father will he still be around? or will he "fall" in love with the other girl?

Old 04-09-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I'm sorry if this comes out blunt, but if my boyfriend/husband ever got another girl pregnant when i was with him or dating him I would not be together with him.

Did your boyfriend get her pregnant before you two were together or after cause then it would be a different story.

If you and your boyfriend are truly in love, i would hope that he would stay together with you but be a great daddy to his new little baby.

Angela
EDD 9/21

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
Kristina, I can feel where you are coming from. I am pretty sure you have seen talk shows. Sometimes, the man does not stay with the girl because she is pregnant, or run because she was having a baby. At the same time, nothing in life is guaranteed. If he loves you, he will be there, regardless the situation. I hope everything works out>

Old 04-09-2003, 10:16 PM   #4

sweetescape02 HB User
Kristina, right now I guess it could go either way. She got pregnant before you and him got together and it's really hard to say how he will feel about her once she has his child. After the whole labor deal, some men will look at the mother in a whole new light because they get all wrapped up in the emotions. Then again, he could just as easily stay with you and be a father at the same time. Don't worry about this! If I remember right, the baby is not due until August? Give your mind a rest and chill out, I'm sure it will be fine. Have a talk with him and see what he says, he might just surprise you.

------------------
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.

Old 04-10-2003, 04:46 AM   #5
Veteran

phillie2002 HB User
Kristina - I am going to say it again, you have your WHOLE life in front of you. I give you major props for wanting to stick this out, but the thing is & you said it yourself you have no idea how the outcome is going to be. Is he going to fall in love with her? Is that a chance you are willing to take? You are only 17 years old. If he does stay with you remember he will forever be tied to the other girl. And you don't get along with this girl, so that right there is a bad thing.

You said before that he got her pregnant before he started dating you, was it a one night stand or were they actually dating? I still think you have too much going for you to put your life on hold for a 23 year old guy who dates younger girls and knocks one of them up. I know you say you love him & want to stick by and with him, but I would hate to see you be the odd man out. You can do what you want, none of us are in your shoes so don't know what that is like, but honestly please think long and hard about it. Love is a gamble & there are no guarantees but right now looking at your big picture I think that is a big gamble to take.

Phillie

Old 04-10-2003, 06:06 AM   #6
(female)

Mjmoon HB User
I agree with Phillie..

You're just a kid.. way too young to get involved with a ready made family. You're young, find a boy that doesn't already have a family.. maybe when you are older you guys can start one together without the added complication of other women and children. You're just too young to have to deal with these things.

Old 04-10-2003, 06:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
I hate to say it, but I have to agree with Phillie and Mjmoon. Certain things are just too much for you at this age. You should be worrying about exams, your future, going to the movies, etc...having fun with your youth. This does not involve a ready made family at 17! I do wish you all the luck in the world, though, and hope things work out for all of you.

Old 04-10-2003, 06:55 AM   #8
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
I think it depends alot on how long you 2 have been together?
and at your age I know you love him and all but there is a good chance he will go back to her cause she will ALWAYS be a part of his life no matter what and its alot to deal with .
you have so much time to fall in love and get married and have children of your own. from your other post I have read you do sound like a caring and smart person who would be good to his baby but this will get harder on you then you think. my advice is to move on.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
baby boy # 3

[This message has been edited by Eeyore II (edited 04-10-2003).]

Old 04-10-2003, 03:21 PM   #9
Inactive

siren24 HB User
I don't want to discourage you, but I was in a similar situation with an ex boyfriend in college. He had gotten his ex pg before we started dating, and didn't find out until we started dating. We tried to keep dating, but this girl was always determined to get him back, and wreaked havoc on us. I couldn't take it anymore. And even though he didn't love her or want to be with her, he felt a certain sense of responsibility to her being the mother of his child. And let me tell you, she played that for all it was worth. We eventually called it quits but remained friends. I suppose it really depends in the personalities and the motives of all the people involved whether it will work out or not. If his ex understands that it's over, then you may have no problems. But if she's hell bent on her agenda, it's going to be really hard to deal with.

Old 04-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #10
(female)

Sunshine709 HB User
I also was in a similer situtation i was with my bf for 6 years and i went away for the summer deciding to give us a break didnt have any plans on coming back but i did.. when i got home me and him decided to pick things up from where we left off two months later his ex gf that he had been dating for 2 months that i was gone ended up being pregnant she also was total b*tch and tried everything to get us to split there was soo much confusing with my bf saying it wasnt his kid and stuff that it was too much for me I couldnt deal with the stress so i just broke it off with him we arent friends because it would have made things too hard for me and my current boyfriend. Take it from me do the right thing and stear clear of all that trouble you dont need it.

Old 05-21-2003, 10:09 PM   #11
(female)

KristinaM2004 HB User
Update, we are still together, and shes backed off a little bit, but ya know shes always gonna be there, Ummm... yeah...

Closed Thread