It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

bbylove27 HB User
Exclamation Help Pleaseee ?!!

Oka im on my period(or if thats what you wanna call it) this is the 2nd time this have happened. i have the usual cramps and everything but when i start bleeding its only brown and never red its so light that all i have to wear is a pantyliner. im on birth control , the pill. but i also am sexually active without using condoms. Can someone help please ??!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
(female)

WednesdayK HB UserWednesdayK HB User
Re: Help Pleaseee ?!!

Condoms are a good thing to use.
But lets not dwell on that. You do know that the pill is 98.9 percent effective which means you could be pregnant. You might want to check.
Another option is that you just have a light period. Some times your uterus just doesn't have to much built up lining. So, I say just take a pregnancy test and if it turns out negative, you don't have anything to worry about. If you are worried anyways even after the test shows up negative, you can always go to a doctor/gynecologist and they can help you find out why your periods that way.
Hope this helped a little...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

tiny111 HB User
Re: Help Pleaseee ?!!

This is not unusual for a girl that is on the pill. I agree with WednesdayK that you should take a pregnancy test just to ease your mine. But I will also say that when I started birth control my periods became irregular and I got them twice a month. But then they changed my dosages and now I have really light periods and for the most part it's brown and not red. But that's perfectly normal. Technically, if your on the pill, you have no purpose for a period, so they become very light. But nothing weird is going on. Just take the pregnancy test to be sure but I'm sure you'll be just fine (:

Closed Thread