It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
(male)

TSnell2011 HB User
Have been sick for 2 years with severe abdominal symptoms

Im 18 years old and have been plagued with episodes of nonstop, borderline-projectile vomiting and severe epigastric pain in my upper abdomen/lower chest cavity. this pain is so excruciating that it forces me to go to the E.R. everytime that it happens. At the E.R., they treat me with pain medications, nausea medications, and fluids and release me once I am stable and coherent again. I've had every work up/scan imaginable over the past two years and the only things that have been revealed are a hiatal hernia, a slightly slipped disc in my back, and high blood pressure. The pain in my abdominal area during these episodes is very sharp, biting, and there is a feeling of severe pressure as well. This is relieved temporarily by vomiting, but only for a few seconds. I vomit for hours and hours on end during these episodes as well. This has plagued me and has derailed my life in so many ways. The last things doctors are now looking for are gastric motility issues and/or metabolic/endocrine disorders. Anyone have any insight or ideas? Any help or advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
(male)

TSnell2011 HB User
Re: Have been sick for 2 years with severe abdominal symptoms

also these episodes are triggered usually by a bowel movement, and/or a combination of severe physical/emotional stress and eating too much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

I can't tell from your post but have you been to your GP or family doc for a physical- were all the visits on an emergancy basis?

If all were at the emergency room go get a complete physical and explain all your symptoms to the doc.

Pup

Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
(male)

TSnell2011 HB User

I have been to my GP and have gotten multiple physicals over the past two years. When these episodes first began, I would go to my family doctor and once he saw how severe my symptoms were, he would suggest going to the emergency room. This also happened with a GI doctor. I appreciate the reply Pup, any additional help or advice would be greatly appreciated as well.

Closed Thread