It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
(male)

andrew1994 HB User
Cold testicles

So recently i have had low blood pressure.
Sometimes not always my balls get really cold for no reason.
Is their sny thing i should worry about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: Cold testicals

If your blood pressure goes low enough, your body will start moving blood to the inner core of your body and away from the outside. Since testicles are already colder than the rest of the body, they are going to feel colder. If you think this is happening, your blood pressure may be too low and it may be a sign that you are bordering on going into shock. If your pressure is too low, you are also at a high risk for passing out.

Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
(male)

andrew1994 HB User
Re: Cold testicals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob652 View Post
If your blood pressure goes low enough, your body will start moving blood to the inner core of your body and away from the outside. Since testicles are already colder than the rest of the body, they are going to feel colder. If you think this is happening, your blood pressure may be too low and it may be a sign that you are bordering on going into shock. If your pressure is too low, you are also at a high risk for passing out.

Good luck to you.
So what do i do ?
The doctor already knows i have low bp
He said to drink heaps of water...
I used to get dizzy when getting up fast but thats stopped
Is that good?

Old 03-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
Re: Cold testicles

The doctor probably believes that dehydration is causing your low blood pressure so that is why he is saying to drink more water. The cause of the dizziness from standing up is because your pressure is so low that gravity is causing the blood in your head to rush down as your head goes higher. Since the dizziness has stopped, it probably means that you have increased your pressure but it may still not be enough for your body to be happy.

The amount of salt in your blood also has an impact on your pressure. If your sodium level is low, your body may be getting rid of most of the water you are drinking instead of keeping it. You may want to ask your doctor if he thinks you should also eat more salt. By taking in both water and more salt, you may have better results with increasing your pressure. Just be careful not to raise your pressure too high.

I hope that helps.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
(male)

andrew1994 HB User

Yea he said to eat more salt
Any ideas how to add more salt? Just put heaps on my food?

Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Depending on your tastes, you can eat salty foods or add salt to things you currently eat. Certain foods such as soups are usually high in sodium yet some still have some healthy qualities. Since you are headed into winter, maybe that is an option. Eating salty pretzels is an option but I do not know if they are a common food for you in Australia (or at least one that everyone likes). Pretzels are good in the fact that they are low in fat and high in sodium. Potato chips and things like that are usually high in sodium but also high in fat which can lead to other health issues. Do you have V8 Juice in Australia? Regular V8 vegetable juice would probably be perfect for you because it contains a high amount of sodium but it is low in fat.

If you add salt to food, just be sure not to add too much. If you start eating a great deal of salt, your taste buds will adjust to it and you will start to think foods without salt are bland.

I do not know how food labeling works in Australia but if they list sodium, try to eat foods with higher amounts until your doctor is satisfied that you have enough. As stated above, just try to stay away from the foods with high fats.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
(male)

andrew1994 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob652 View Post
Depending on your tastes, you can eat salty foods or add salt to things you currently eat. Certain foods such as soups are usually high in sodium yet some still have some healthy qualities. Since you are headed into winter, maybe that is an option. Eating salty pretzels is an option but I do not know if they are a common food for you in Australia (or at least one that everyone likes). Pretzels are good in the fact that they are low in fat and high in sodium. Potato chips and things like that are usually high in sodium but also high in fat which can lead to other health issues. Do you have V8 Juice in Australia? Regular V8 vegetable juice would probably be perfect for you because it contains a high amount of sodium but it is low in fat.

If you add salt to food, just be sure not to add too much. If you start eating a great deal of salt, your taste buds will adjust to it and you will start to think foods without salt are bland.

I do not know how food labeling works in Australia but if they list sodium, try to eat foods with higher amounts until your doctor is satisfied that you have enough. As stated above, just try to stay away from the foods with high fats.
Yea i like pretzels
Ill buy sum thanks
Btw everynow and then i get this VERY SHARP pain like around my heart when i take a big breath in
Any ideas?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Sorry for the delay in replying to this. Have you talked to your doctor about the pain in your chest? Are you tall? As you continue to add more details, I would be curious to know if you have ever had your aorta scanned. It is the main artery that comes out of the heart. Depending on your age, height, and weight, some men can have a larger than normal aortic arch. If you are not familiar with anatomy, the aorta comes out of the top of the heart, does a 180 degree turn to the left side of the body, and then goes down through your abdomen. If the arch is larger than normal, it can sometimes cause these issues. In most cases, tall guys just learn to live with this but it is good to be tested to make sure nothing is wrong. If a problem exists, it is better to catch it on a test than to catch it after an injury.

In the meantime, I hope you are feeling better. Has your pressure increased?

Old 04-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
(male)

andrew1994 HB User

It has slightly gotten better
I am pretty tall i am taller then my mum dad and brother and i am the youngest
I am 65 kg

Old 04-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
(male)

andrew1994 HB User

And the pain wasnt in my chest it was in my stomach like under my ribs
But i do have a sharp pain sometimes when i breathe right in my heart in the middle

Old 04-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
(male)

andrew1994 HB User

AHh sorry i confused u lol
I have a sharp pain in my lower stomach and in my chest
The chest one is right on my heart and happens when i breath in sometimes
The lower stomach one is just random

Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

Have you mentioned this to your doctor? If not, it would be good to tell him. Like I said earlier, it could be nothing but tall guys are sometimes susceptible to problems in this area and you do not want to discover you have the condition after something bad happens. If he decides to look at your aorta, they usually perform an ultrasound. It is a quick, painless scan of your chest that is very safe and easy to do.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
(male)

andrew1994 HB User

No i havent told him i will tell him
So is there anything you can do too fix it?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

If you truly have a major problem in this area, it can require surgery. However, most of the time that is not the case. It may just be a manner of making sure you keep your blood pressure at good levels and make sure you slow down whenever you have these feelings. Beyond that, only your doctor can determine whether or not you have a problem. It would be inappropriate for me to speculate as to whether or not something is wrong.

You fit into a category of people who are more likely to have an issue with your aorta but it does not mean you have it. I just so happen to be in the same category so I was educated on it when I was younger. They tested me and thankfully I did not have any problems. I do not have the pain that you describe but I do have problems with standing up too fast and almost passing out. Sometimes, I forget to move slowly after being seated too long and then I have to pause and wait for everything to return to normal. Thankfully I have never passed out but I have come really close more than once.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
(male)

andrew1994 HB User

Ok thanks!

Closed Thread