It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
(male)

Ching21 HB User
My Relationship.

Hey, My name is Chingla. I'm a teenager and currently dating a beautiful and amazing girl. It's been 2 years and + since we've been dating, Since March 21, 2009. My girlfriend Amanda, and I have been having troubles lately. Every friend or people that knows us says that we could be that couple that lasts through high school and get married someday. We've been in each other's lives for 2 years, and I know that the feeling of love has become like a daily thing. We've gotten used to it basically. We're both juniors in high school, and right now our relationship is on thin ice. She says she feels like she needs to find herself. We've agreed upon a break already, but I'm still scared that we might break up. I don't want to though. But also, she also says she doesn't feel 'that way' anymore. But once I told her, I don't feel the spark either anymore, but it's just cause we've been together for so long that we've gotten use to it that's all, and I know I still love you. She also says she still loves me. Our deadline of this break up is on mother's day. The reason so is because I wanted to see her mom's grave, and promised her i'd take her to see her mom. Please help. I want to keep Amanda in my life. Is there anything I can do?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: My Relationship.

Well, to me the only thing you can do is to be patient and to accept your fate, whatever it is.

But you are still so young. You can afford to spend a few more years looking for the "right" girlfriend in case this one dumps you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Chingla,

Two years is a long time for a teenage romance, but a very short time in the real world. If Amanda needs some time to find herself, I would encourage her to do so. As we grow, our needs change along the way. Since you have been together for 2 years, you have likely gotten used to having each other in your lives, but there have been other things going on that you have missed while you are in a relationship. Those things are fun and important in growing up too. In fact, your young adulthood is just the right time for experiencing life in all kinds of ways. although I know you would rather stay with Amanda, if it does not work out that way, you have a whole world full of experiences to enjoy.

Keep positive and let things unfold as they may, part of life is change, and knowing how to deal with change is an important lesson for all of us. My best to you..

janet

Old 04-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

You and Amanda will change over the years and usually young relationships just naturally drift apart. Young people develop different interests and want to explore life, people, places etc... more and be free to be able to so. I think for now you should concerntrate on your life and your future and see what happens with Amanda but don't focus on it too much as rarely young relationships lasts forever so just be prepared and fill your life with what you want and any ambitions you have go for it so then you get to experience life and also if this relationship ends at least you will have alot going on for you to help you get over it quicker.

Closed Thread