It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

sunslashsurf HB User
Very late period?

Hey all;
I'm usually pretty regular with my periods (between 28 and 29 days) and I do keep track of them well. However, my last period was about 10-11 days later than it should have been (39 days since the last). I thought I skipped it completely, but of course it found me haha. I was extremely stressed during this time, as I am a university student and found my final exams the most stressful situation I've ever been in, so I accounted the lateness to that. I'm just curious as to how I should take this in my tracking. Will my next period be at the usual time, or will it now be at the 'new' time of month. As well, will my ovulation change with this as well? Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 05-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Curious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB User
Re: Very late period?

Honestly, it could be any of the above. Our cycles are not on a computerized timer -- close, but our bodies kinda do what they want to do in most regards. Is there a reason you need to know the exact date? I would just chalk it up to a fluke and forget about it. When the new one comes -- whenever it is -- make a note of the date and start the counting from there and see how things go. A fluke in your cycle once in a while is no big deal. A consistent irregular cycle is something to have checked out by a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
(female)

anxietygirl123 HB User

Hi, my period is late too and its really worrying me! I have never had periods that come every month on a certain date like clockwork or anything, but recently they have been much better as i have got older, i'm 16 now. However this month my period just hasn't arrived and now its like 4 days late! I have been under a lot of emotional stress recently so i don't know if this is the cause or something i should be worried about!

What happens if i miss my period totally? Can that happen? The only strange thing is that i started my period when i was 12 and so i have been having them for 4 years now! Should they not be really regular now?

Anxietygirl123

Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
(female)

anxietygirl123 HB User

In my opinion sunslashsurf whenever i have either missed a period or my period has been late one month, the following month it normally returns back to around the date that i normal receive my period, the dates don't normally change. I think you should just look at your period being late this time as a fluke, especially since you've been under stress and i presume next month your periods will return to normal, and be around the same date too!

Try not to pay too much attention to your periods because stressing over them can actually stop/delay them! If you are truly worried, and this problem keeps continuing, you could always go and get it checked out at a doctors and put your mind at rest.

Good luck
Anxietygirl123

Old 07-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
(female)

sunslashsurf HB User

Hey Anxietygirl;

Yeah, it's back to its normal times now over a few months - I think it was just stress. It's not stress of worrying about it, it was just other stresses of school and stuff. I'd say you're okay with 4 days, and I do know some people who skip it completely. Just remember that everyone is different

Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #6
(female)

anxietygirl123 HB User

Glad to here that!

And yes i think it might be the same with me, i have been through a lot recently with exams and the death of a close family member so i think this might be the case with me! I don't help things though because i then start stressing over my period not being there which just prolongs my period from coming haha!

Hopefully things will return back to normal once i've calmed down a bit! And you are quite right different things are normal for different people.

Best wishes
Anxietygirl123

Closed Thread