It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
(female)

squidni17 HB User
My boyfriend is cousins with my best friend?

Alright, so, I definitely need help here. My boyfriend and best friend (who's a girl) are cousins, and they're pretty close. I've been best friends with this girl for five, almost six years. She introduced me to her cousin about three years ago. We became friends and eventually hit it off. At first, my friend was always pushing us to be together because she knew how much we liked each other. Once we finally made it offical, she started acting weird. And she's made it clear that she doesn't like us being together. I mean, we're happy and we keep her out of the middle of us as much as possible. But I eventually came to the conclusion that it came from jealousy. She hasn't been too lucky with the guys, and I think she's jealous that I'm in a happy relationship. But she would play the cousin card all the time, which is really annoying. Eventually, our friendship started to suffer. She would talk behind my back and make hateful comments about me and my boyfriend. I honestly did nothing to her, and my boyfriend even admitted that she wasn't being a good friend. So I stopped talking to her. I didn't need the drama in my life. But I caved and we became friends again. It's like nothing even happened. My boyfriend has been spending a lot of time at her house recently, too. I feel a little betrayed, because she has hurt me and now he's being buddy-buddy with her, but there's nothing I can do since they're family. He's getting kind of mad at both me and my friend for the emtional rollercoasters between us, since he's pretty much in the middle. I feel bad about that, but it's not my fault. I just want everyone to be happy. And it seems like the only way to make that happen is for me and my boyfriend to break up. That's what ny friend seems to think, anyway. I don't want to lose either one of them, but I need a solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: My boyfriend is cousins with my best friend?

Time for a serious talk with your friend. She needs to know (if it is true, and in the nicest possible way) that you are not going away and you both need to establish some ground rules in this relationship. She is not going away either. Treat her as if she were his sister; I am sure that you can cope over time. She may well get herself a BF and that will solve 99% of the problem. Sera.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: My boyfriend is cousins with my best friend?

What ages are you all? This all seems really childish. If i was you i would sit down with your friend and talk to her calmly and talk about whats been going on and how to make everything okay again. You all should be happy. Some people do unfortunately get jealous but they need to calm that down because it can cause alot of un-necessary stress.

Closed Thread