It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
(male)

Iritio HB User
Memory issues and hypochondria really don't coincide well.

Before I get anywhere, and I say this because I've searched far and wide on the internet and every time I try to find answers drugs are always involved, I do not in ANY WAY use illegal drugs or abuse any substance. The closest to abuse of anything would be the constant craving of sexual activity that I try to satisfy on my own to the best of my capabilities, without losing my virginity.

For starters, and this is in the case that my issue is psychologically based, I would just like to say that my mind is, and I honestly cannot find any other word to describe it, ******. There's no other term to my knowledge that could better serve as a description. I've been plagued by three existential crises before, along with many miniature ones which pop up every two months or so, lasting up to a week. I'm not completely harmed from them, as they do some good; the constant pondering and contemplation of my existence, the existence of others, religion, and other things such as that lead to me having higher intellectual ability at an early age (Currently I'm fifteen years of age with an IQ of 138 the last time I tested, but it could be different by now.).
This has caused me to become a bit more mentally and emotionally unstable, though by all means I act completely normal and my emotions only get in my way in emotionally-trying events. I've had my blood mother die and my father has prostate cancer, though he's battling it well enough to only concern me with the effects of battling it and not with the thought of him dying, and I also have a step mother who sometimes makes my life a living hell (But she genuinely doesn't mean to, I would hope.). I've also gotten hypochondria from constant worry over my own existence and fear of finding out what death is like. A doctor diagnosed me as having ADHD and being Bipolar, but this was during an existential crisis and my parents didn't understand the concept of what one was. The only real personality disorder I have is a bit of an intellectual superior complex and a bad habit of talking too much.

Now that all out of the way I'm pretty well off on a day to day basis. I get up, if it's a period where I have school I do that for eight hours, then the period when I'm done with that is always the same; reading, playing video games, programming (Usually just occasional practice.), and other tasks your average computer nerd does.

Except I seem to have frequent memory lapse spells. Frequent as in occurring every few months, and lasting for at least a week or two. This is highly worrying to me because at any other time I could remember what I had for a snack a year and nine days prior (Not literally but you get the idea.). When I have these little "spells" my short term memory will become a mess where the mildest distraction from my current thought will result in me forgetting my previous thought and there being a low chance of recollecting it. My long-term memory is also take a hit, but not as badly and sometimes remains intact. As a matter of fact, as I wrote that sentence I forgot something I was going to look up. I've had this happen before and it subsides, at least I think it does, that or I get accustomed to the forgetfulness and don't notice it.
Currently I'm having one of these spells. I've managed to forget things I just thought of and remember them, and I've managed to not remember them more often than that. It also impacts my vocabulary as I'll have more trouble trying to find a word (Though it could be overreaction to that, I'll often know a synonym to it but then focus on that one word because I forgot it.). I've forgotten a few miscellaneous things I've known for a while, but a reminder will usually jog my memory.
My last check up, nothing was found wrong, and the last time I saw my therapist he found nothing wrong either. So what the hell is going on? Is adolescent puberty just messing with my memory? Is it some kind of mental defense mechanism for some kind of bottled up stress? Is the hypochondria taking advantage of me? Or am I developing dementia at the age of fifteen or something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread