It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
(female)

hmk2013 HB User
I REALLY need help overcoming my insecurities

Hi,

My boyfriend and I have been together in a serious relationship about eight months, before he was with me we we're best friends and he was in another relationship with someone that he was not happy with, but couldn't get away from..(if that makes sense). In the very last few months that he was with her, we talked everyday, and he "cheated" on her with me. I wouldn't really call it that, because we had, been having strong feelings for each other for a long time, but he couldn't get away from her.

Now, I'm so afraid that he's going to treat me wrong, and do the same thing he did to her. He hasn't done anything, and i mean NOTHING to make me think this.. he tells me, mostly when girls text him. & He's pretty affectionate toward me and never lets me go a day without telling me that i'm his whole world. I don't really know why i have the feeling or "insecurity" that he will do the same to me. I just really think i'm scared of being alone. My whole life, people have left me.. & i think that now that i finally feel something real for him i just don't want him to leave. Sometimes, i feel like i'm taking him for granted and not showing him how much he really does mean to me. I think this has a lot to do with the insecurities. I do not want to lose him. And it's at the point to where i feel as if i don't get help, i'm going to. PLEASE HELP!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: I REALLY need help overcoming my insecurities

Question : What do you mean he couldnt get away from her? to me this sounds rubbish because its not like the ex physically forced him to stay with her.

Your insecuritys are understandable , as you said he cheated on her so yes they is a chance he could do it to you some day. Hope he doesnt though as its not nice being cheated on.

I guess you'll just have to give him one chance and if he screws up then leave him and find someone better. Dont tolerate any lies , secrets, cheating etc....

Last edited by cryingforever; 07-27-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: I REALLY need help overcoming my insecurities

Relax and enjoy your relationship. Why waste time doubting him? You may think he cheated on her, but in reality when you are this young you really don't think of it that way. I've always told my sons that you can't go into a relationship thinking that it's the one forever. Not that they don't give it their all, but when it ends they aren't crushed. You will kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Take your time and just enjoy being young.

Closed Thread