HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Teen Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/teen-health/)
-   -   Feeling sorta depressed. (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/teen-health/861494-feeling-sorta-depressed.html)

DoublleRainbow 07-28-2011 06:36 PM

Feeling sorta depressed.

Ok so I'll start with the basic details....
And I made a promise to myself that within the next year, I will have lost my excess weight .
I made an appointment with a dietician so that I could have a talk with someone in private about it .When I first went to see her in early June I was 150cm and I weighed 11st going on 12st . For my physical build and height I was 2 stone overweight .She told me that I should try and maintain my weight while losing small amounts and that I would grow into it , But I didn't want to stay at that weight . So after that I started eating healthier and excercising regularly (Mostly swimming with my friend 3 - 4 times a week for about 4 hours) . I had another appointment with her 4 weeks after that and at that I was 157cm and I had lost half a kilo .I wasn't exactly happy with that but I did look a small bit skinnier so I stuck with it , And as of now I am 159cm and 11st exactly .

But recently I have stopped excercising ,I haven't been going swimming and I'm not eating as much.My regular routine is waking up at about 1'o'clock having lunch and going out with my friends at 2'o'clock until about 9 .I then will go on Facebook or text people until about 11'o'clock where I will have a bowl of cereal .I'll then go upstairs and lie on my bed texting or on Facebook until I get tired and go to sleep (Usually between 1 and 3 depending on who i'm talking to)

I have tried excercising but I always get bored after about 20 minutes and go for a shower .The excercise I do is either walking my dogs , Running on a treadmill or going on an excercise bike .I have tried sports and I always end up giving up on them after about 3 - 6 weeks because I feel that I'm terrible , Slow or something of that sort .I have never been bullied , And people aren't putting me down , To be honest most people tell me I'm not that overweight(Friends , Parents , Family , Girlfriend) The only person that is making me feel bad is myself .
My diet recently hasn't been the best with cereal (Cheerios) and energy drinks (Red Bull , Monster) being the only thing I have except for water.

My life is great at the moment , I've started skateboarding , I've made new friends and I got my first real girlfriend , So I don't understand why i'm feeling worse about myself then I did 2 months ago .I know the reason is because I am overweight , But I'm not as overweight as I used to be .I mean I used to be happy , Hyper and all over the place , But recently I have been quite and withdrawn .Even if no one has anything to say , I just needed a place to go to let stuff out.

ibake&pray 08-19-2011 11:16 AM

Re: Feeling sorta depressed.

[COLOR="Navy"]It's a hard thing to do, losing weight. But if you do it now while you are young, you can learn to keep it off and look good.

You said that you are blue. There actually is a reason for that. When you were ating decent and exercising, your body lproduced endorphins that give you that rush and happy feeling. If you aren't eating right-and no offense-but your current diet is far from even marginally good-you body will sort of shut down and leave you feeling blue.

When you were exercising, you may not have lost weight, but you were building muscle mass which weighs more than normal, so that could account for the slow loss. But when you were exercising, you felt great, were losing weight, having a great time and happy.

If I were you, I would get back with your friend and get back to some swimming. It's a great form of exercise and is fun to boot! Start eating better and you will see that that helps also. And ONE last thing. Try to get yourself on a regular schedule where you are going to bed at a decent time and get up at a normal regular time. Eat either three meals of 5 small meals and drink something healthier than red Bull. Those things will let you crash after a several hours and that doesn't help your mood or your diet. And they can be difficult to wean yourself off of them. My son had a terrible time with them. :nono:

If you will sit and thing, you will come up with why you are so blue. Try gibing yourslef a second chandce...and don't be hard on yourself, it only makes you feell bad. Make a deal with yourself, write it down and then follow it.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing! :wave: [/COLOR]